Release Notes - UI7 - Vera Firmware Update - v.7.0.31 (1.7.4954/1.7.4955/1.7.4956) - February 19th, 2020

Those are Sonos devices. Have you tried reinstalling the app?

While those messages are Sonos-related, those messages have nothing to do with the Sonos plugin. They are the Vera detecting the Sonos zone players itself as UPnP devices and trying to figure out generic support for them. It doesn’t work.

Turn off UPnP in the controller’s device settings (Users & Account Info > Security)

1 Like

Hi there, UPnP discovery was already off. I used to have the Sono’s app installed months ago but had no use for it so I uninstalled it. Could it be something legacy hanging around ?

That’s all. They can be safely ignored.

1 Like

So overall 7.31 has been pretty good on my VP - one thing that is annoying my wife and I are when 2 z-wave devices are turned on or off as a group (eg a pair of lamps) say via an Alexa Group. Triggering 2 z-wave devices at exactly the same time seems to cause serious z-wave network contention issues - 1 of the 2 devices will trigger almost immediately (which one is entirely random) and the other will frequently take 10-15 seconds to enact the command.

I’ve tested this by grouping various pairs of devices around my house (that arent normally paired) and the result is consistent.

These same devices trigger almost instantly when triggered individually so my theory is Vera Z-Wave network collisions are to blame.

This was never an issue in 7.29 - my wife got so sick of our bedroom lamps exhibiting this staggered on/off delay that I went and bought some Philips Hue globes to replace my z-wave switch modules.

3 Likes

So I did a bit more investigation into the above zwave contention issue and I can now confirm that it only happens with 2 secure devices in a group. If you have an unsecure and a secure device in a group they both turn on/off with no significant delay.

How do you tell if a device is secure or not? I have a couple of scenes that use to run super fast, now taking forever on the latest firmware, and am wondering if it is the same issue.

After having my VeraPlus bricked, I was forced to do this, as I live in Brazil and they could not send a refurbished unit to me. I then went to another platform. I may not ever come back… Too happy with almost everything working good. I have to buy some plugins to finalize my network, but it is the way of this other platform. At least, as far as I have tested, it is working as it should.

Why don’t you try? If it wasn’t for the bricked vera, maybe I would still be insisting on being in this “mess”…

It must be like being in a bad marriage. One day you get divorced, find another one and ask yourself how could you stood for so many years?

2 Likes

hahahaha. I almost laughed when I saw that post… Great comment of yours

If it may help in any matter, I only had the Hue plugin. But had around 70 devices nad was on the last stable firmware. I didn’t even have pleg, which is almost mandatory.I had around 4 events. Very basic stuff. So, I could never imagine I would go through this.

I really think Vera is a good product, but it seems it will never fly.

I remember some one saying that about a lawnmower

1 Like

Is this the latest update for this devices or will there be other updates?

I don’t believe there has been a formal announcement, but I would not expect any further development of this firmware.

1 Like

We’re preparing another release for Vera Controllers, but I cannot say precisely the release date.

4 Likes

Any news regarding new firmware?

2 Likes

Hi @sunqan - we’re targeting to have a new Vera fw release this week. It will contain some urgent items, but another Vera fw will follow (again I cannot promise a date for it) with more fixes and supported devices.

5 Likes

Hi @loana
try to integrate into the system the automatic addition to the database of devices added such as the ezlo fw so that the devices are independent of the vera fw system please

Hi @Pitt13 - we have decoupled the supported devices and fw only in the new platform (RTOS-based controllers and Ezlo Linux-based controllers). For Vera firmware we didn’t (and most probably won’t) invest time in changing the mechanism, so it will continue to be depended on the fw.

So, no alpha/beta testing before releasing it?

1 Like

We’re releasing to Beta today. :innocent:

3 Likes