Release Notes - UI7 - Vera Firmware Update - v.7.0.31 (1.7.4954/1.7.4955/1.7.4956) - February 19th, 2020

Upgraded my main VeraPlus from Version 1.7.4903 to Version 1.7.4955. No problems so far…

I can confirm that the Hue issue has nothing to do with this Vera firmware update.
On my production Vera Plus I still run the Vera Hue plugin on an old firmware. This has run fluently for some years, but since yesterday it stopped working. all Hue lights are gone, despite I paired the bridge again and it says connection is OK. On my test Vera Plus I did the firmware upgrade to 7.0.31 and there I run the AltHue plugin. This still runs as a charm. So I now have a problem with my production unit, but don’t dare yet to upgrade it (because of other problems and not tested long enought). :worried:

K2000 :grinning:

KITT 2000. I think you’ll find :slight_smile:
C

Hi,

I fixed it, thank you. It is 7.0.31 - as in the title.

Hi,

I confirm it is a bug in the webUI, I added it in the known issues list and in the backlog for the dev team to work on it. On iOS and Android it is displayed correctly.

Hi,

Exactly, the list of fixes is way bigger. You can look here at the list of fixes included in the 7.0.30 release. Thank you @rafale77 for your replies and the testing you’re doing.

This is new, we’ve added it in the list for the dev team to solve it.

Hi @rafale77,

The power switch devices (BinaryLight1, and I think DimableLight too) stopped showing the wattage. The PowerMeter sensors are fine. Note that the D_BinaryLight1.json never had anything to display the wattage, it is(was) some special display hack that would display the Watts value that they apparently took out in the final release. I noticed on the Android App yesterday, and just now on the web GUI. Not too happy with this change either. Well we still have ALTUI :smile:

Cheers Rene

Can’t ALTui not become the default UI :crazy_face:

no its
Knight Industries Two Thousand
K.I.T.T

1 Like

Yeah, I recalled after I posted, but didn’t want to be picky over one letter :smiley:

C

If it’s a css thing, it can be easily fixed.
If I remember correctly, css are read-only, otherwise I think I’d provide an easy fix to apply.

EDIT: It’s not in the CSS, it’s probably on the HTML/Javascript side. I can confirm the value is not written at all (the html node is hidden).

@Pitt13 is French like me and the French translated version we had is K2000. I even had to look up the name of the show English… Knightrider. :joy:

@slelieveld, I actually don’t think it is that crazy to want ALTUI to be the default UI. Likewise, ALTHUE should be the only Philips hue plugin since it is the only one fully functional. @Mai_Pensato, @phillid2… many reported problems with the mios plugins before.

2 Likes

I’m back with news,

The team already fixed the issue, early next week we’ll publish an update with this hot fix.

Thank you once again for reporting this,
Ioana

4 Likes

Good engagement @Ioana . Well done

C

2 Likes

I want to upgrade my VeraPlus.

Latest Firmware 1.7.4453
New Firmware 1.7.4955

When I upgraded in the past, my VeraPlus crashed. (maybe a memory problem).
The solution was to go back to factory settings and then upgrade to the new firmware.

Now I want to perform a firmware upgrade to new firmware 1.7.4955. Is it better go back to factory settings and then perform an upgrade to firmware 1.7.4955 or is upgrade to firmware 1.7.4955 from factory settings not possible?

Should really be for a support rep to answer, but if you can ssh onto your Plus and check how much space you have, you’ll have a better idea.

C

here’s the steps in case you are out of space:

• backup
  • factory reset
  • update the empty unit
  • restore from backup

After this update, as @rafale77 already said, it should not be necessary anymore, since they changed the disk partition structure.

1 Like

Since I’ve had on the last few updates had issues, one time requiring someone from Romania or was it the Ukraine to remote into my laptop and then ssh into my VeraPlus to bring it back to life. I think I’ll open a ticket, when I have spare time to be at home to babysit if need be to have Vera Support perform the update for me as they’ll probably end up having to figure out how to recover it afterwards anyhow.

1 Like

Well done! That’s fast…… Good job, thanks. Waiting for your news……

Thanks again