Release notes Vera Mobile for Android v. 7.40.354

Watt readings for thermostats (Qubino) is gone in the app. On the other hand several battery operated devices (Door sensors, motion sensors) now have kWh readings (expressed as “Kwh”?) exceeding the entire house.

Regarding the Qubino flush on/off thermostat, it is still not possible to control set-point and set the thermostat mode to “Heat” in the app (and web).

When switching between Vera controllers you still have to select the controller two times to be able to switch.

I also consider the icon coloring a bit confusing when compared to the web interface, for example the motion sensor looks like it has been tripped compared to the web interface, but I suppose one can live with this.

1 Like

Hi,

Bit more on PowerMeter devices. The Kwh reading is displayed twice, once a line in in black and once again in gray line with the watts reading. Also negative Watts are not displayed (e.g. for Solar feeding back into the grid).

It is nice that some devices now also show volts and amps if reported. (I can use that :slight_smile: )

Cheers Rene

1 Like

Isn’t this a public release? This doesn’t have known issues either?
I’ve installed it already and has the exact same issues as the beta.
@Other users - just try to create or edit some scenes from the Android app.

Anyway - thank God for Imperihome.

1 Like

i reported this to them a week ago while it was in beta
the only solution then was to disjoin from the beta program and install the stable version
they never followed up even though they said they would
and now they have pushed it to stable

the only solution right now is to downgrade back to .344
which is no longer available from the play store
you can get the apk from apkmonk

1 Like

This version seems to be totally non-functional. New home screen is empty. Old home screen is empty (if you switch back in settings). Home screen doesn’t even finish loading. Device list is empty. Geofencing is broken. Haven’t found anything that works yet. Was it released by accident?

2 Likes

Still unable to add more than 6 items to the device section of dashboard. I reported this month’s ago on this forum, but no response from Vera/Ezlo Also app constantly crashes

Same here. Hope they fix it soon…

i would not count on it
considering they knew about it when it was in beta yet still pushed it to stable

Can confirm that latest beta version pushed out today never stops trying to populate Dashboard, which is otherwise empty, per this screenshot:

Seems a common issue. Ezlo please fix asap.

Seems to be fixed now. Having all showing their devices again.

1 Like

still not fixed, still only 6 devices and app crashes randomly. basically unuseable since december 2019

I do not experience any random crashes, but rather consistent ones. As soon as I scroll down the device list, the app crashes (Android 7, Asus tablet). Fortunately not updated on my regular phone.

I became reluctant to continue using the last beta release after it was shown to completely erase any Scene that I happened to edit. Glad I didn’t go too wild!

Once I have assurance it no longer poses similar (known, documented, overt) hazards, I shall gladly resume.

What gets me is the image this portrays. Reported in beta, but they still release it.

2 Likes

Not to pile on, but can confirm that current Vera Mobile app (7.40.354) does not improve either after doing Logout/Login, nor by switching back and forth from ‘New’ to ‘Old’ Dashboard UI. Indefinite green circle continues to spin, showing no Devices or Scenes, regardless of being connected to correct Vera controller.

Force-stopping the app and restarting did not improve things.

Force-stopping, clearing all cache/storage and re-logging in did not help.

Did you ever tried this app on a tablet in both portrait and landscape?

It is usable but all icons are Hughes making it looks stupid. Tablet are part of the Android devices and deserve to be better supported. It hurts saying this but the iOS app is alot better in almost every aspect.

1 Like

I have a little better experience when I set it to the old dashboard mode. I can not at least get to the devices and do not get the empty device page. But that may be different tomorrow, who knows.

Cheers Rene

Now If i add devices i can only see 6, and when i return to page all devices have disappeared. I think you should sack the android app team. the crashing seems to have stopped

edit/

the crashes continue. this app is unuseable

From what I could figure out now is that this looks to be Plus specific. For my Edge and Lite the details populate as before, but on the plus you may see the devices, but not in their rooms.

@melih, imo this is much more urgent for the team to look at than problems with the pre-Aplha stuff.

Cheers Rene