Remotec ZRC-100 as secondary controller to Vera Edge U17

Hello, I’m looking for support to configure a handheld Remotec ZRC-100 as a secondary controller to my Vera Edge U17. I can ‘include’ the handheld successfully but have been unable to discover how to copy the ‘devices’ data to it from my Vera Edge. I have the manuals, but found no ideas there. Any suggestions for a solution from forum members would be appreciated.

You may have given up by now, but I just got one of these and the steps are:

1. If you’ve been playing with the remote before now, wipe it. Hold down the left and right arrow keys for 3 seconds or so, then advanced/reset to default
  2. Hold down the up and down arrows, and select ‘Learning Mode’
  3. Put the remote next to the vera, then on the vera interface add in a new generic zwave device
  4. Once it has been added in, and everything has finished, give it a name etc.

If it fails to work the first time, delete the device that may be on the vera and then wipe the remote as per step 1. Then try again. Make sure the remote is definitely close to the vera - if it’s too far away then it is likely to fail.

Your remote is now a secondary controller on your network but it has no idea what is on it. So you now need to:

1. Hold down the up and down arrow keys
  2. Select scan devices
  3. Wait

Your devices will start to appear on the remote. They will, however, have generic names with a number based on the ‘alt id’ that can be revealed in device advanced settings on the vera. Once you’ve worked out which one is which, you will probably want to rename them to something appropriate by:

1. Hold down the left and right arrow keys
  2. Select device configure
  3. Select the device you want to update, and choose rename
  4. Rename the device using the arrow keys
  5. Have a stiff drink. :wink:

Thank you ninkasi for posting. Have just now spontaneously searched Remotec ZRC-100 and came across your kind response to my post by chance. I had not received notice of any update, so my apologies for not responding sooner. I had indeed abandoned the device but, if I can find it again, will follow up your suggestions later this week, and let you know the outcome. The clarity of your post suggests to me you have understood the device, and how it must be configured. I guess you’ll be well pleased with your purchase. It was the inclusion of a display that influenced my decision, given the need for acknowledgement of commands where controlled devices are not nearby or have delayed execution. Regards.

Your remote is now a secondary controller on your network but it has no idea what is on it. So you now need to:

1. Hold down the up and down arrow keys
  2. Select scan devices
  3. Wait

[/quote]

Hi Ninkasi,

Just in case you see this, I got as far as pairing the device and able to scan the network. My problem is it doesn’t see all of the devices each time I scan or rediscover the network it will see 12 to 14 devices most of which are plug devices but not my lights. Is there a trick or a manual way to insert devices that aren’t showing up?

Jom

Sadly, not that I could work out. After initial promise, I also had issues getting it to see all a my devices. I eventually gave up. The controller is now in a drawer along with a number of other useless devices… :frowning: