Remotec ZXT-120 Fan Speed

I just finished setting up a Remotec Zxt-120. It is version 1.8. My main issue is that I cannot control fan speed. I see that fan speed can be controlled according to the Remotec manual but it does not explain how to set it up. Has anyone been able to setup fan speed control?

1 Like

I’m seeing that it is an IR remote control device. I assume you have an IR remote controlled fan then? If you fan is RF remote controlled (like mine were) i dont think this would be working for you. If you have one that uses IR, you will have to program in the IR control codes to get it to work for you.

Sorry. I guess I was not clear enough. I am using this on a ductless AC which is a Daikin. I have the codes programmed fine to use the AC, but the temperature settings run the AC fan speed on low. I can select Auto Fan speed, but I would rather control the fan speed myself as in have the fan run on high for a set temperature. The thermostat layout on Vera though does not have a fan speed option. It only allows Fan Off, Fan Cycle or Fan Auto.

I have the same issue, I would like to control the fan speed, or set the parameter or the fan speed to a higher lever. Anyone who know if that is possible?

Same issue here.
Can some one please provide like a luup code to control this under a manual scene?

Hi
I wonder if anybody has used this device Remotec ZXT-600, a new IR extender. Does work fine with ZWave? The former ZXT-120 had some isuues.
Thanks

Hi - I bought ZXT-600 few weeks ago and had no problem with adding it to my Vera network.
it supports z-wave+ and works fine with my LG AC.
I use it in repeater mode (“Always Listening Mode”) so I don’t know how it works in FLIRS mode.

What Controller are you using? I am using a Vera Plus and just got my ZXT-600. It is failing on security so I cannot set it up. Thx.

I’m also using Vera Plus and as I said - have no problem with this device.

But when I had security problems with other devices (Fibaro Double Switch) I removed it from Vera, reset to factory settings and then added again but this time close to Vera.

Thanks. I excluded it and then included it again with same issue. I’ll reset the unit this time. At least I know it will connect to a Vera Plus so down to the trial and error…

You never know with Vera :slight_smile:
I really have no problem with ZXT600 and I’m thinking of buing another 1 or 2.

I have 5 LG AC that have built-in WiFi but WiFi adapters in this devices are totally unreliable, you can read here about this:
https://lgcommunity.us.com/discussion/2985/lg-smartthinq-wifi-with-wall-mount-hvac-fails-until-circuit-breaker-reset#latest

So right now I’m using Vera + ZXT600 to control one of this LG and Domoticz + LGAC_SmartT (GitHub - olinek2/LGAC_SmartT: Domoticz plugin for LGAC SmartThing) to control remaining 4.

Hi
I had a zxt-600, and added it to my vera edge, but it got stuck on the security handshake, and after a few resets I got past that, and then it just hangs “waiting for manufacturer”. The pairing never finished.

I tried so many times, logged a fault with Vera, and then logged a ticket with Remotec.

Vera claim the device is not supported, Remotec say it should be.

I am in NZ, and my distributor can replicate the issue, so there is something wrong, and appears to be with the latest firmware. I still haven’t managed to get working and i miss not being able to control my two heatpumps. Having to use a remote is so old school.

I wouldn’t buy these again until Vera actually has a wizard for them, so you know for sure.

Anyone able to get this to work?

I was finally able to get this to work…the key is in setting up the right codes AND making sure to update neighbor nodes when in its final place.
It works great.

Hi all,
I am trying to make the ZXT-600 work on my Vera Lite. I get the following error:
“Failed at: Getting secure classes”. Anyway, the device reports temperature and I can see it in Vera UI.
The green led blinks when I configure the device from Vera UI but nothing happens on the AC.
I have several Remotec ZXT-120 configured with the same Mitsubishi Electric AC. The codes worked straight away.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!