Remove Controller option

If you remove a controller from your account using the Remove Controller button under Advanced Information, does it lose all the configuration and devices?

We’re selling a vacation home that will include the Vera and devices. We would like to move the existing configuration/apps/settings in total to the new home owner. Is it as simple as Remove Controller from our account and Go thru the steps of a new user account and adding a new controller to that account?

You may need to perform a factory reset on some or all of the devices before you add them to the other account. I bricked my Vera Plus when I tried to upgrade it to the newest firmware. When tech help couldn’t fix it, Ezlo sent a refurbished Vera Plus to me to replace it. I couldn’t add any of my devices to the refurbished unit until I performed a factory reset, but perhaps that was due to the fact that I could not remove them from the bricked unit because it was…bricked.

Hi,

The devices, scenes and other configuration of your Vera is on the local box it self. So no problem to remove it from one account and the register it as a new one on an other. I have done this myself.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

Thank you. We bit the bullet and tried and worked like a charm.

2 Likes