Don’t start with me. I’ve been including “holiday switches” all day, and my nerves are a little frail. I’ve already done one complete burn-down and restore. And I’m denying myself the comfort of a calming beverage until I’m finished–don’t drink and device, you know.
Incidentally, the “workaround” I used is a little different. Rather than change device IDs, I changed ZWave nodes. I left the dead device in place, and since the switch was a Leviton, reset it with the paddle (easy air-gap then hold-to-red sequence). Then I included it as a new device. Once settled, I noted the new ZWave node number, and then simply swapped the altids on the dead and new device. Reload, delete the now-dead new device, done. This leaves my scenes untouched.