[RESOLVED] Fibaro FGS-223 second channel not working with Vera Edge

Hi,

I send this issue long time ago to mios support and We are still waiting the solution. The aswer from mios was, it will be fixed in the next fiimware but there isn?t any new since months ago.

I have a customer with 10 Fibaro devices installed, At the moment the customer think the system is a sheet and it’s going kill me. Is there any way to change variables of the device in the VERA to solve it?

Regards

I hate to say it… but that is what it is… Vera… I can point you to a lot of places on this forum where vera promises solutions…

Hi guys, I’m just starting to look into this world of home automation and fell into this newbie pitfall of not doing my research well enough before buying. I’m also trying to use a FGS223 controlled by an Edge.

I’ve managed to get it working using the lua code in this thread but I just have one question: Are there any way to set up a trigger for the other switch (S2) as I would like to control it by both a wall switch connected to S1 and a motion detector connected to S2?

Btw. I’ve also written support telling them that I need them to fully support this device.

Regards.

Hi,
Is the new beta firmware version fix this issue?

Did anyone try the December 12 firmware Version 7.0.19 (1.7.902/1.7.2406/1.7.2414) with the FGS-223 yet?

Yes, nothing changed and case reopened without response.

Hi All, I am seeing the issue of only one switch working with my Vera Plus and FGS-223 as well. As part of the initial testing I ran before I found this thread, I tried deleting two FGS-223 controllers I added to my network and wasn’t able to unpair or delete any of the parent or child devices. Is anyone seeing the same issue? Is there a way around this without a factory reset?

Thanks!

I think there is a solution! With the credits going to Alex from Vera. He tested and sent me a mail. I have changed some text and layout to make it better readable. Here it is and I can confirm it works!

Only 1 drawback, but not sure if the device is supposed to work this way: The power is only reported on the master device and not on the slaves. For me this is not an issue. I will try to reach Fibaro and ask if this is possible in the module design to report this for 2 sperate channels (slaves) per channel.

I was able to control the children devices via UI7 Web Interface by setting the following variable on each child device.
Click on the “>” button of the device, go to Advanced → New service, enter the service id, variable, value and “Add”. Then hit Reload Engine:
Service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1
Variable: SetTargetCommandClass
Value: 37

Device is controllable in Vera via the nomal way… but

BUMP
Mail sent to Vera support again…
I have to come back on below problem. My enthusiasm is dead again. I do not see any power usage. I use on of the 2 child devices for a lamp and the other as a ‘virtual’ switch to remotely switch the Christmas tree (toggle).
I did a physical swap of the 223 device with the 221 device.

1. I do not see power usage on the device.
  2. Even BIGGER problem: I do not receive any status feedback to vera when I switch local. So I can’t use input 2 to toggle another device as Vera does not see it.

Why is this such a problem to support this new (and only being sold 2x1.5Kw) switch module? What will happen with Vera if only these new type of devices come out but not support is in Vera? How long will or can it take to support it? This way Vera is getting useless in time?

Can you help me (and the community) to support this device asap?

BUMP2

Can’t detect device after 15-20 minutes (device works though)

It’s not the only one being sold, so lets correct that misinformation.
Depending on region there are other double relays available and one in particular that does work with UI7.

Look for Philio in the EU, they are sold in the US, but I am not aware of the brand, in AUS use Black Cat

It’s not the only one being sold, so lets correct that misinformation.
Depending on region there are other double relays available and one in particular that does work with UI7.

Look for Philio in the EU, they are sold in the US, but I am not aware of the brand, in AUS us Black Cat[/quote]

I meant the only fibaro 2x1.5kw being sold. 221 and 222 are mostly out of stock… 233 is the current model.

Update from MCV:
Regarding power useage I was able to see it on the parent device but not on the children devices because they didn?t report power usage via Z-Wave.
If you dont?t see any power usage on the parent device you might have an issue with wiring so you can check the device manual or contact Fibaro.
Regarding instant status report on the inputs , our development team is currently working on it.
You can try to remove the value 38 from Capabilities (and reload the engine) on the parent device as well as on the inputs and see if this will work.
The issue with can?t detect device is also related to capabilities. The device reports that it support CC Switch Multilevel and Vera is using this command class to poll it instead of CC Switch Binary.
Our development team will try to fix the issue but I don’t have an ETA.

For me the capabilties were:
Master
211,156,1,4,16,1,L,R,B,RS,|34,37S,50:3,86,89,90S,91S,94,96S:4,112S,113:5,114,115,117S,122,133S,134,142S,152,

child 1
211,156,1,4,16,1,L,R,B,RS,|37,38,50,89,94,133,134,142,239,

child 2
211,156,1,4,16,1,L,R,B,RS,|37,38,50,89,94,133,134,142,239,

I removed the 38 and I will monitor behaviour

UPDATE1: Only Q1 channel is power monitored. The power is displayed on the master device.

UPDATE2: Removing 38 is not possible… It just comes back. In the meantime I received another mail:
After you have removed 38 from Capabilites from both children did you also reload the engine after each removal ?
You can exclude and re-include the device.
Then on the parent and each children do the following : click on the ?>? button for each device , go to Advanced → Variables and under Capabilities remove the value 38 , go to New Service and hit Reload Engine.
After the engine reloads hit Ctrl+F5 on your keyboard and check if 38 was removed.
If this doesn?t work then we need to wait until the bug is solved.

So… wait for Vera… :frowning: ::slight_smile: :-X :cry:

UPDATE3:
I have found a workaround for the can’t detect device and Instant Status Report.
You should remove value 38 from the parent device from the variable called MultiChCapabilites (then go to New Service and hit Reload Engine) and also remove value 38 from each child device (and also reload the engine , each time you remove it).
(I removed it from Capabilities as there is no MultiChCapabilites in the childs)
Also you should add the following service id , variable and value for both children and also Reload the Engine :
urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1
BasicSetCapabilities
00=F0,FF=O0

Done and I will observe

I can confirm it fully works now!

The FGS-223 is working like a charm following above. Status is given in Vera, can control it, power usage on first channel…

Not 100% sure the can’t detect device stays away because that may take a while. Will keep posted.

Small victories. :slight_smile:

Can’t Detect Device comes back though…

Sender, you rule! Thanks to this my setup is working with this device! Thank you sir.

Hi
Thanks for the guide! I have now got the Child units to be able to control the switch but they don?t get an update wether the switch is on or off. I am rather new on the vera UI, is it possible for someone to explain a little bit more in detail regarding the following:
“Also you should add the following service id , variable and value for both children and also Reload the Engine :
BasicSetCapabilities
00=F0,FF=O0”

In my new service tab i have the following fields:
“New Service”
“New Variable”
“New Value”

What shall I put into these fields?

Hi you guys,
I also have this problem that the second channel of the FGS-223-ZW5 v3.2 does not work. I tried the described solutions but with me it does not seem to work.
I also have two of the predecessors of this switch, FGS-222-EN-A-v1.00, where one works fine, and the other one does have the same problems as described.
The one that works fine though has manual switches connected and all other ones (old and new, that don’t work) don’t have manual switches connected, I only use the relays to switch on lamps.
So, to me it seems that the connected manual switches have something to do with it, although it can be coincidence.
I also had some troubles to get the devices of the new series connected to the network. I kept keeping messages like “Can’t detect device” and “User configuration settings”, although the devices seemed to work properly, except for the second channel.

If somebody could help me with this problem I would be much obliged, it seems to me a kind of ‘configuration settings’ problem.

Greetz, Peter-Jos

Hello Simons,

The above described procedures will only work for FGS 223. To my knowledge the predecessors FGS 222 should not have any problems, unless it’s some kind of initial configuration issue, in which case, support would be able to check this out and point you to the correct solution.

Don’t forget to also enable customer care remote access in the initial email, so things will go faster.

[quote=“Veera, post:36, topic:193497”]Hi
Thanks for the guide! I have now got the Child units to be able to control the switch but they don?t get an update wether the switch is on or off. I am rather new on the vera UI, is it possible for someone to explain a little bit more in detail regarding the following:
“Also you should add the following service id , variable and value for both children and also Reload the Engine :
BasicSetCapabilities
00=F0,FF=O0”

In my new service tab i have the following fields:
“New Service”
“New Variable”
“New Value”

What shall I put into these fields?[/quote]

Yes in that order

Like this?

“New Service” - urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1
“New Variable” - BasicSetCapabilities