Return values on all <job> tags in DLNA Plugin

@lolodomo,
I’m helping to diagnose some Vera Lite instability that another user is experiencing and, in the process, I noticed that Vera is emitting warnings about the Job tags in the DLNA Plugin:

These log lines look like:

LuaUPnp.log.1.log-25 12/09/14 7:02:18.237 LuaInterface::CallFunction_Job device 4 function SDLNAMediaController1_DLNAMediaController1_NotifyAVTransportChange_job didn't return a value <0x2b32a000> LuaUPnp.log.1.log-25 12/09/14 7:02:18.263 LuaInterface::CallFunction_Job device 4 function SDLNAMediaController1_DLNAMediaController1_NotifyRenderingChange_job didn't return a value <0x2b32a000>

I took a look at the code in source-control and it looks like you’re missing code at the end of the [tt][/tt] Tags that would look along the lines of:

<job>
    return 4,1
  </job>

To eliminate this as a potential cause, do you mind adding this to the end of your [tt][/tt] tags? I’ve seen at least one case where Vera misbehaved when the right parameters, or right # of parameters, weren’t returned from these tag-based codepoints.

If nothing else, it’ll stop these log entries from being emitted.

I will check/update that.
We could have the same thing in the Sonos plugin too.

[quote=“lolodomo, post:2, topic:184605”]I will check/update that.
We could have the same thing in the Sonos plugin too.[/quote]

Thanks, appreciated. At this point I’m just looking to reducing the variables in the diag. Hopefully the changes will also net some stability :wink:

I can confirm there is no return in Sonos plugin too.

The first value is the job status and has to be set to 4 if the job is done. But what value to set for the second value that seems to be a timeout. What is its role ?

Here: http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Plugins_ByHand

My plugins have only ever used 2, 4 and 5.

[quote=“guessed, post:1, topic:184605”] <job> ... return 4,1 </job> [/quote]

Is it ok with a “return 4,0” ? I don’t understand the need for a 1s timeout when returning “Done”.

Sure, that’s fine. I’d assume the second argument is ignored when the first argument is 4… But sometimes you never know what they’ve coded :slight_smile:

Ok thank you.
I am preparing a new version of the DLNA plugin (and the Sonos plugin).

Thanks @lolodomo, appreciate the effort.

When it’s in the apps store, I’ll get confirmation of the (Vera) log lines being cleared out of the users setup.