Revived an old sensor. page with name and room didn't appear

Hello, I replaced a long while ago a 6in1 sensor from aeonec by a new one. the old one had a bended action switch lever. I think I used the ‘replace failed’ feature, but not sure.
1 year later, the sensor still on my perfectly organised desk (ahum) grabbed my attention. Opened it up with the 4 tiny screws, fiddled a bit with the lever and got it back in place. I connected it to a powersupply, and did a factory reset after that. Then tried to include it again. got the usual luup messages, device configured, but the screen asking for name and room was skipped. The device is NOT listed in my device list, but when I cause a tamper alert, it shows up in the notification. I know devicename and device number, but cannot modify or erase the device through the gui (UI7). Where do I have to change what to repair this? I suspect an Xml file somewhere deep in the device? Can someone point me in the right direction? thx

Hmm, if you used ‘Replace failed’ I wonder if you now have two devices somehow sharing the same ID. One of the pros will tell me I’m wrong, I’m sure.

Anyway, when you get the tamper alert, can’t you find the device ID from there? Or AltUI showing ‘Hidden’ devices?

C

Hey Catman, existing devices do not have the same number. checked that…I don’t have AtlUI…should I install this only for this purpose?

So you can get the Device ID, but can’t see the device?

In that case AltUI would probably be a good place to start, see if you can make it visible. There’s probably an http command to do it as well but I don’t know what it is.

I assume you’d like both of the devices to be part of your system and to be able to use them?

C

ok installed altui, added a name and room to the device. everything ok now thankyou!

1 Like

If installing AltUI fixed the problem, probably all you needed was a hard refresh of your browser. People don’t do this enough. Vera and UI7 get horribly out of sync, and I’ve noticed this is much more frequent since 7.30 (they made some changes to the handling of user_data in this release–I think they had a bug injection in the process). Really bad when you add or delete a device.

Hard refresh is a MUST when you make any device attribute changes (name, room, visibility, etc.), or device list changes (add, delete). It’s quick and easy, so doing it often is quick and harmless, and may save you tearing hair out.

2 Likes

+1 to this. A hard browser refresh after any change to Vera, especially a LUUP reload, is a must. It’s cheap insurance.