Richard Developer - RTS Services Inc. GONE?

@kyle.dawson I guess it could be Karma, in reaction to my previous post, but I was hit last night with an inability to get Google Home to respond to Vera Concierge commands. It just gave me search results. I was in a bit of a panic, since I am baffled with all of the interconnecting parts of the Vera Concierge/Synology/Vera/Google operation, and depend on it to just work for me, as it has done for many months.

I stumbled around with it for some time this morning. The Connectivity checks and Updates in https://veraconcierge.appspot.com/web/Account all looked good, but no improvement.

Finally, I selected Help in Google Home, and discovered that it was trying to log me in to my alternate Gmail account. Once I logged Google Home back to my primary account, all was well again. I have no idea what caused that account switch-over, but I now know to watch for my Avatar in the upper right-hand corner of Google Assistant, after submitting a command.

So true. If it were not for PLEG I would not be using vera. Sad to say but it is PLEG that brings the sizzle, sure has a learning curve but Once you master it you can see why people rave about the most important plugin. Which I think vera should workout a deal with him to purchase the app and develop it in-house.

Just my 2centsā€¦ Iā€™m using RulesEngines for all my complex logic!

Richard: Without PLEG - I would consider my Vera(s) to be ā€œboat anchorsā€.
Do you know if there will be PLEG capability (either native or as an app) on the new platform?
Your work on PLEG is pure Genius and I would hat to lose the use of it.

1 Like

PLEG surely was (still is) a great plugin, but now Iā€™m migrating my logic into Reactor

I used PLEG extensivly for years and yes it is a great plugin, however I have since migrated to Reactor. It is just more flexible and capable for my application.