Roadmap Update for New Hardware, New Firmware and Device Integration

We have updates to our Hardware, Firmware and Device Integration Roadmap:

Hardware Roadmap

Coming in June:

Ezlo Atom
Introducing the world’s smallest control hub, Ezlo Atom is the ideal entry point if you are looking to create home control services. Designed for ultimate extensibility, this hub can plug directly into any USB port for power or, for OEMs, can be embedded in other products. Users will enjoy control of Z-Wave devices including lights, thermostats, door locks, and more. Its called Atom for a reason, its more tiny but powerful! And the price will be so low, it will shock you!

Fortrezz
An advanced leak detection and flood prevention solution
We will release native support for our Fortrezz Devices (Water Valve Shut-Off and sensors).

Coming in 3Q19:

Ezlo PlugHub

A single device with three purposes, the Ezlo PlugHub can act as a smart plug, control hub, and energy monitor, all in one discreet form factor. Enabling control of Z-Wave and Wi-Fi devices including lights, sensors, door locks, thermostats, and more, the PlugHub is a simple, cost-effective foundation for any home control system. Why by a smartplug when you can buy PlugHub for less money!

Watch this space for more devices coming in the ecosystem!

Firmware Roadmap
Coming in June
The new Ezlo hardware will benefit from new firmware that will make it easier to integrate new device classes. We will also add support for Microservices.

Integration Roadmap
Planned for May:
Nest Smoke and CO Detector
Nest OAuth 2.0
Nest E-Thermostat
Nest Camera
Honeywell Lyric / TCC (RCH9310WF)
Google Home (excluding cameras)
Alexa in Spanish
2GiG Leak Detection
Wiz Lights Support
Many more in the pipeline for 3Q19, including expanded support for Zigbee devices.

3 Likes

Great work guys!

You are doing an excellent work giving visibility to amazing engineering department we have! Good job guys, keep up the amazing work!

Ok, this starts to get some shape. Little detail, but that will come?

Like I said before…now we have an engineering organization that is structured, disciplined and made up of amazing people. Visibility will come regularly.

Ok from this roadmap i can make assumptions again, there won’t be no new real hardware hubs for this year, just some toys.
Now question arise, will the future will be toy hardware hubs + cloud only or there will be powerfull stanalone with cloud support hub too ?

[quote=“ivx, post:5, topic:204031”]Ok from this roadmap i can make assumptions again, there won’t be no new real hardware hubs for this year, just some toys.
Now question arise, will the future will be toy hardware hubs + cloud only or there will be powerfull stanalone with cloud support hub too ?[/quote]

define powerful?
Because Ezlo Atom can handle more devices connected in parallel and respond faster.

Just because you make a big hardware and put linux to run it, doesn’t make it “powerful”…it makes it inefficient! Power comes from doing the same things faster, more of it and do so consuming less resources. That is what Ezlo Atom is!

Hi Melih

Not sure if you want to talk to your web people, or are planning on expanding more devices, but your current list is 7? 4 lights and 3 sirens. I’m assuming this is not complete.

It very much reads, from the website, that both these devices are cloud only?

Cheers

C

It still amaze me how you guys are screwing us by completely ignoring Fibaro FGS223. Two years and counting.

Yes, Fibaro is for sure one of The most common zwave brand in Europe…

1 Like

[quote=“melih, post:6, topic:204031”][quote=“ivx, post:5, topic:204031”]Ok from this roadmap i can make assumptions again, there won’t be no new real hardware hubs for this year, just some toys.
Now question arise, will the future will be toy hardware hubs + cloud only or there will be powerfull stanalone with cloud support hub too ?[/quote]

define powerful?
Because Ezlo Atom can handle more devices connected in parallel and respond faster.

Just because you make a big hardware and put linux to run it, doesn’t make it “powerful”…it makes it inefficient! Power comes from doing the same things faster, more of it and do so consuming less resources. That is what Ezlo Atom is![/quote]
Hardware must be powerful enough to run stable and secure OS(not just some stripped linux) for 5 years with all OS updates.
Internal storage must be meet all requirements not just few GB.
Full version linux opens doors to more programming tools and libraries, not just some limited options.

Now days probably something like this(keeping HW in reasonly priced):
Quad core ARM
4 GB RAM
64 GB eMMC
Good 2.4/5GHZ wifi adapter, not some cheap rangeless toy.
z-wave serires 700 chip with good antenna

1 Like

[glow=red,2,300]Hey Google, turn ON my Fibaro FGS-223 switch![/glow]

Because we know how much you love to control your Fibaro FGS-223 with Google Home and Vera, I have some great news for you.

We have fixed the issues regarding Fibaro FGS-223 delays when controlled and it will be part of the upcoming 7.29 Vera firmware release alongside Google Home integration

LE: Bonus fix!

[ul][li]Fixed issues regarding Fibaro FGS-223 delays when controlled[/li][/ul]

+ Surprise integration

[ul][li]Google Home Integration (excluding cameras)[/li][/ul]

[quote=“ivx, post:10, topic:204031”][quote=“melih, post:6, topic:204031”][quote=“ivx, post:5, topic:204031”]Ok from this roadmap i can make assumptions again, there won’t be no new real hardware hubs for this year, just some toys.

define powerful?

Just because you make a big hardware and put linux to run it, doesn’t make it “powerful”…it makes it inefficient! Power comes from doing the same things faster, more of it and do so consuming less resources. That is what Ezlo Atom is![/quote]
Hardware must be powerful enough to run stable and secure OS(not just some stripped linux) for 5 years with all OS updates.
Internal storage must be meet all requirements not just few GB.
Full version linux opens doors to more programming tools and libraries, not just some limited options.

Now days probably something like this(keeping HW in reasonly priced):
Quad core ARM
4 GB RAM
64 GB eMMC
Good 2.4/5GHZ wifi adapter, not some cheap rangeless toy.
z-wave serires 700 chip with good antenna[/quote]

You are defining the biggest horse…not necessarily the fastest! I dont’ subscribe to the way you describe the most powerful. For me most powerful is the one who does the “tasks” faster, better using less resources…

Our plan is to give you the most powerful home automation. It will be faster than whats out there.

@Sorin
What about Alexa and roller shutter support?
( without the need to create scripts )

Thanks,
Nir

[quote=“Sorin, post:11, topic:204031”]Because we know how much you love to control your Fibaro FGS-223 with Google Home and Vera, I have some great news for you.

We have fixed the issues regarding Fibaro FGS-223 delays when controlled and it will be part of the upcoming 7.29 Vera firmware release alongside Google Home integration[b][/quote]

Thanks guys for listening. My wife will definitely appreciate it. And I will too. Happy wife means more automations :smiley:

We have fixed the issues regarding Fibaro FGS-223 delays when controlled and it will be part of the upcoming 7.29 Vera firmware release alongside Google Home integration[/quote]

Great, Finally! ;D

1 Like

[quote=“therealdb, post:14, topic:204031”][quote=“Sorin, post:11, topic:204031”]Because we know how much you love to control your Fibaro FGS-223 with Google Home and Vera, I have some great news for you.

We have fixed the issues regarding Fibaro FGS-223 delays when controlled and it will be part of the upcoming 7.29 Vera firmware release alongside Google Home integration[b][/quote]

Thanks guys for listening. My wife will definitely appreciate it. And I will too. Happy wife means more automations :D[/quote]

Love the Slogan… “Happy Wife More Automation” !!! we found our marketing slogan!

Any news about Fibaro thermostat ?
(15 month) and upgrade through Vera.

Still unclear somewhat… Is the Atom or PlugHub a replacement for the existing Vera platform? I assume so. Will there be a way to do a clean migration? I have 150+ ZWave devices that I had to reprogram, fix scenes, PLEG, etc when I moved to Vera Secure.

If I have to do that again, I’ll do a normal bake-off between other platforms.

If it’s an easy/safe migration…well…then…the choice is much easier.

[quote=“tbully, post:18, topic:204031”]Still unclear somewhat… Is the Atom or PlugHub a replacement for the existing Vera platform? I assume so. Will there be a way to do a clean migration? I have 150+ ZWave devices that I had to reprogram, fix scenes, PLEG, etc when I moved to Vera Secure.

If it’s an easy/safe migration…well…then…the choice is much easier.[/quote]

You can continue using your existing hardware. You don’t have to switch.

[quote=“melih, post:19, topic:204031”][quote=“tbully, post:18, topic:204031”]Still unclear somewhat… Is the Atom or PlugHub a replacement for the existing Vera platform? I assume so. Will there be a way to do a clean migration? I have 150+ ZWave devices that I had to reprogram, fix scenes, PLEG, etc when I moved to Vera Secure.

If it’s an easy/safe migration…well…then…the choice is much easier.[/quote]

You can continue using your existing hardware. You don’t have to switch.[/quote]

Thanks. I appreciate the response. My question stemmed from the thought that if I DID choose to switch, is there a migration plan (especially for the ZWave network).