Roadmap Update for New Hardware, New Firmware and Device Integration

Any idea when the Alexa API will be re-written to include sensors as triggers for Alexa routines?

[glow=red,2,300]Hey Google, turn ON my Fibaro FGS-223 switch![/glow]

Because we know how much you love to control your Fibaro FGS-223 with Google Home and Vera, I have some great news for you.

We have fixed the issues regarding Fibaro FGS-223 delays when controlled and it will be part of the upcoming 7.29 Vera firmware release alongside Google Home integration

LE: Bonus fix!

[ul][li]Fixed issues regarding Fibaro FGS-223 delays when controlled[/li][/ul]

+ Surprise integration

[ul][li]Google Home Integration (excluding cameras)[/li][/ul][/quote]

This is definitely The greatest news in The last 5 months. I personally really appreciate that.

[glow=red,2,300]Hey Google, turn ON my Fibaro FGS-223 switch![/glow]

Because we know how much you love to control your Fibaro FGS-223 with Google Home and Vera, I have some great news for you.

We have fixed the issues regarding Fibaro FGS-223 delays when controlled and it will be part of the upcoming 7.29 Vera firmware release alongside Google Home integration

LE: Bonus fix!

[ul][li]Fixed issues regarding Fibaro FGS-223 delays when controlled[/li][/ul]

+ Surprise integration

This is definitely The greatest news in The last 5 months. I personally really appreciate that.[/quote]

We always listen to your guys…just needed some time to put things in order…now you have an amazing engineering organization that can keep deliver brilliant things for you guys! This is only the start.

[quote author=Sorin link=topic=122488.msg445958#msg445958 date=1551374195]

[quote=“therealdb, post:8, topic:204031”]+ Surprise integration

Is this going to be a global release or just USA?

I need to do some research on the Atom. I read it was Z-Wave, but don?t remember Zigbee or Bluetooth. Also not sure if Atom requires the cloud to run or can run stand alone? I really want a system that can run regardless of the status of the internet connection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^^^
The Specs tell you nothing.
[url=https://ezlo.com/projects-solutions/ezlo-atom/ezlo-atom-tech-spec/]https://ezlo.com/projects-solutions/ezlo-atom/ezlo-atom-tech-spec/[/url]

Might be a Atom 2, but if it’s USB I don’t see it having local control.

It would be nice to see a new vera unit (no matter what its called) that has the addition of apple homekit so that its once again up to date and able to control all of the main protocols. For me that has always been one of the advantages of Vera. As a user you can then build a system from the various items that work best for you, ao a good hardware improvement into a next gen would be nice.

Its good to see new hardware but it feels like this is a diversion into a “consumer” product that is far from having a “pro” angle. So far sounds like something that’s aimed at selling lots on amazon but missed out most of the key bits (I get it, everyone needs revenue to stay afloat).

I’ve used a vera for years across many different modes but it looks like it could end up getting replaced for us as other things are becoming a more attractive option. The wide range of apps created by the user base have been a strong pull for us for a very long time but again other mfrs are starting to catch up and providing things built in or a similar app store. For the last few years good devs have been moving to other platforms and the excellent deves that keep their apps going for Vera are one of its stregths but they have not always been treated very well (the hue app was one example). (we’re hugely grateful to those devs of the apps we rely on).

Interested to see the new hardware and firmware, hopefully the future will be bright and some of the long term issues will be resolved as the next big step comes.

My concern as well, and the small write up only mentions Z wave. I do think there is a place for a low cost solution, but I want more than that.

My concern as well, and the small write up only mentions Z wave. I do think there is a place for a low cost solution, but I want more than that.

[quote=“Grwebster, post:25, topic:204031”]I need to do some research on the Atom. I read it was Z-Wave, but don?t remember Zigbee or Bluetooth. Also not sure if Atom requires the cloud to run or can run stand alone? I really want a system that can run regardless of the status of the internet connection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

I asked that question specifically on the thread. They both look like cloud only to me, but…

C

[quote=“Catman, post:30, topic:204031”][quote=“Grwebster, post:25, topic:204031”]I need to do some research on the Atom. I read it was Z-Wave, but don?t remember Zigbee or Bluetooth. Also not sure if Atom requires the cloud to run or can run stand alone? I really want a system that can run regardless of the status of the internet connection.

I asked that question specifically on the thread. They both look like cloud only to me, but…

C[/quote]

No need for an iris or ST clone on the market. If that’s the direction ezlo is going, it will be without many of us.

Certainly that would be a trigger for me to seriously consider alternatives. Interestingly (perhaps) I was invited to a dinner on Thursday to discuss, specifically, avoiding the pitfalls of cloud migration. One of the statics quoted was that some 57% of applications that have been migrated to the cloud are being wholly or partially migrated back…

C

A little bit offtopic, but… Cloud is mainly a business model that enable company to mantain fixed income and raise earning, but is not really a beneficio for users, at least not always.

Think about some cloud only devices, like Netatmo, nest, or even Arlo: if you loose internet connection you loose almost every kind of control on The device. If they close for any reason cloud services, you get a very expensive paper holder! The same appens if they drop support for you version.
If you look around you may find old thermostat that has been lasting for 10 or 15 years doing their job.

[quote=“Catman, post:30, topic:204031”][quote=“Grwebster, post:25, topic:204031”]I need to do some research on the Atom. I read it was Z-Wave, but don?t remember Zigbee or Bluetooth. Also not sure if Atom requires the cloud to run or can run stand alone? I really want a system that can run regardless of the status of the internet connection.

C[/quote]

No they are not cloud only…

Let me give you some insight into our development teams for our Controllers

we have 2 different Controller software…

1)our own firmware (RTOS)
2)Linux based firmware

We come from a background where 40Kilobytes is a lot in terms of code! In order to turn your light on you don’t need to be running quad core ARM processor with Linux…a very simple firmware can do that. So we have been developing, last few years, our own RTOS (Real Time Operating System) specifically designed for IoT/Home Automation. Its tiny compared to other Operating systems and its darn fast! We try to do everything locally, its much cheaper to do that :slight_smile:

We also have a linux based firmware that we run, for stuff like Video processing etc…(can’t tell you about all the capabilities like face recognition, object recognition, gesture recognition etc we will be launching that will have a cloud component).

Bottom line is our belief system is that we try to do it locally if its possible. If there are areas of improvement you guys identify whereby we had a brain fart and made something reliant on cloud whereas we could have made it run locally, please do tell us, we will fix it asap, or provide you our logic as to why it is cloud etc and start the discussion.

We are all aligned in terms of your needs. We want to give you what you need and want, that is our goal!

Engineering teams have started delivering and have a good cadence. Now we need to bring amazingly powerful (small, cheap but powerful…thats why its called Atom…its all about the firmware!) controllers with almost 100% integration with everything you can buy!

Zwave is enough for a start.

Zwave is enough for a start.[/quote]

Now that engineering organisation is ready, please allow me to give you more insight.
We have an “Integration Team”. This team is made up of 2 main divisions
1)Cloud Integration Team: Where they focus on integrating stuff like google home, alexa, cloud based stuff…
2)Zwave/Zigbee/Bluetooth : Where they focus on integration of any commercially available devices. They have started with Zwave team first. The other teams are building. Zwave integration is ongoing.

Glad to hear!

In itself very true but do not underestimate the load involved to handle the amount of communication from the Stack API. It turns out many controller company underestimated it. We are not turning a single light bulb on and off. It needs to handle the entire bandwidth of 2-3 different radios, manage and store all the data. It is why the most stable and successful platforms are… a tad bit more powerful than the vera. You cannot scale your platform based on a 30 devices model and say, that’s plenty. I am appalled when see the sheer absurdity of the storage usage on the current veras for example… Think about extendibility and future proofing…

[quote=“melih, post:36, topic:204031”]Now that engineering organisation is ready, please allow me to give you more insight.
2)Zwave/Zigbee/Bluetooth : Where they focus on integration of any commercially available devices. They have started with Zwave team first. The other teams are building. Zwave integration is ongoing.[/quote]

While this is good, please I beg you to consider focusing on integrating the home automation stacks rather than the individual devices so that your users can create the individual devices on their own. The current platform is very limited in this respect and a large number of our problems comes from the excessive and buggy automation and integration of these commercially available devices which evolve, have different firmwares etc… The community can then supply you with the individual device integrations…Child device creation and deletion should not be automated for example. They should be at least user acknowledged. The user device database should be split between configuration and status items. status being updated and saved on a regular basis and configuration to be only modified under user control. The current platform updates and corrupts both in the same file on a regular basis.

Looking to hear more about the atom. Not sure that it has zigbe, blue tooth. Does it have to plug into a computer that is on all the time? Need to understand how it all comes together.

Glad to hear!

In itself very true but do not underestimate the load involved to handle the amount of communication from the Stack API. It turns out many controller company underestimated it. We are not turning a single light bulb on and off. It needs to handle the entire bandwidth of 2-3 different radios, manage and store all the data. It is why the most stable and successful platforms are… a tad bit more powerful than the vera. You cannot scale your platform based on a 30 devices model and say, that’s plenty. I am appalled when see the sheer absurdity of the storage usage on the current veras for example… Think about extendibility and future proofing…

[quote=“melih, post:36, topic:204031”]Now that engineering organisation is ready, please allow me to give you more insight.
2)Zwave/Zigbee/Bluetooth : Where they focus on integration of any commercially available devices. They have started with Zwave team first. The other teams are building. Zwave integration is ongoing.[/quote]

While this is good, please I beg you to consider focusing on integrating the home automation stacks rather than the individual devices so that your users can create the individual devices on their own. The current platform is very limited in this respect and a large number of our problems comes from the excessive and buggy automation and integration of these commercially available devices which evolve, have different firmwares etc… The community can then supply you with the individual device integrations…Child device creation and deletion should not be automated for example. They should be at least user acknowledged. The user device database should be split between configuration and status items. status being updated and saved on a regular basis and configuration to be only modified under user control. The current platform updates and corrupts both in the same file on a regular basis.[/quote]

Lets take Zwave stack as an example…we re-wrote it all! :slight_smile: It wasn’t fast enough for us. Now it is :slight_smile:
We do test our creations to make sure they are the fastest before we release them…You will see the videos once product management is ready. As well as you will be able to test it yourself. Let me re-iterate, in this day and age where we are talking about gigahertz clocks for CPUs for home automation the biggest bottleneck is the firmware! Thats why we wrote it ourselves. Its all done, tested, working faster. We are just waiting on hardware to be manufactured and packaged. We will continue to improve our firmware with every release.

1 Like

[quote=“Grwebster, post:38, topic:204031”]Looking to hear more about the atom. Not sure that it has zigbe, blue tooth. Does it have to plug into a computer that is on all the time? Need to understand how it all comes together.

USB is for power only. It does NOT need a computer.

You can connect it to any USB power outlet…It has its own powerful computer inside! That little thing is the most powerful home automation out there! It can issue its instructions to devices faster than anyone else, and it can handle more devices in parallel! Thats why we called it Atom :slight_smile: small but powerful!