rollease Automate pulse / Vera integration

Hi:)
So I bought a Rollease Automate Pulse in order to automate my Rollease blinds. (ARC protocol)
Here is the link to it: Australia Division

The module works well but has no direct way to link it with my Vera module :frowning:
I tried to talk with the company to see if it would be possible to send some commands to the unit via wifi but they told me the only way is via their app going through Rollease servers :frowning:
At that point I realized that the device also has a RS485 port to talk with it…
So I bought a GeekCreit DT-06 (Wifi to TTL) module in order to send command to the unit via wifi…
Guess what, it work fantastically well ! for only 4$ extra and a little bit of soldering :slight_smile:

To talk with the unit you will have to send the appropriate commands as documented here :

ie.: sending !000D000o; will open all blinds controlled by that hub and !000D000c; will close them

Now the only problem I have (and I hope you can help my with that :slight_smile: ) is to find out how I can send tcp ascii packets to the DT-06 unit (port 9000) from some lua code… Do you have any idea ?

Got my answer :slight_smile:
–close:

local IP = “xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”
local Port = “9000”
local Command = “!000D000c;\r”
local socket = require(“socket”)
c = assert(socket.connect(IP, Port))
c:settimeout(5)
local sres, serr = c:send(Command)
c:close()

–open:

local IP = “xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”
local Port = “9000”
local Command = “!000D000o;\r”
local socket = require(“socket”)
c = assert(socket.connect(IP, Port))
c:settimeout(5)
local sres, serr = c:send(Command)
c:close()

Agree with you but I did it that way because I prefer to control most of my devices internally without relying on external servers as much as possible :slight_smile:

I am glad you got it working without their cloud. Essentially those are Dooya motors with their own “flavor” of 433 radio. You might consider using the Somfy URTSI plug-in for Vera and modifying it for the AUTOMATE protocol which isn’t much different.