Russound CAM/CAV 6.6

Hey Everyone,
I just got a Russound CAM 6.6, anyone get this to work with Vera? Saw that there is one in the app store but that only seems to work for UI5. I have a Ethernet-Serial Server that connects to the CAM serial port, and have been able to control it using the home remote app, but can not figure out how to control it using Vera.

Thanks

Ah my last piece of my puzzle is to have a plugin for the russound. There were threads of trying to find someone to create a plugin and Vera users were willing to chip in for the development, but I do not think anything came of it unfortunately. I did manage to create scenes where it would turn on my russound cam 6.6, and change source if needed, its a bit crude but that is the best I could do.

What you do is create a scene and then enter this into your LUUP code:

local socket = require(“socket”)
host = “192.168.1.121” ------------------> IP Address of your serial to Ethernet Adapter
c = assert(socket.connect(host, 4999)) ----------> Port Number of your Ethernet Adapter
c:settimeout(5)
c:send(string.char(0xF0,0x7E,0x00,0x7F,0x00,0x00,0x71,0x05,0x02,0x02,0x00,0x00,0xF1,0x22,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x01,0x0F,0xF7)) -----> This is the HEX code I send to turn off all the Zones
c:close()

To find a list of all the HEX codes for Russound you can do a Google search for “cam 6.6 hex commands” and you will find the manual. Or message me I can send you the link. (not sure if we are allowed to post outside links here).

Its a bit crude, but works, integrated it with Alexa and got the family approval pretty quick :slight_smile:

Hope that helps a bit.

1 Like

Thanks. I will try it out. Do you know how u would you enter two commands? One to turn on a zone and then to go to a specific source.

I do not know. I only use it to turn the Zone On or Off.

I am sure some experts on here will reply.

Cheers

Count me in to contribute for having someone write a Russound plugin.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.