Russound RNET Plugin v1.4

I may do that if people are having problems with this but I did nothing to initialize…except maybe use the “71” codes from Vera which may have triggered something.

Did you get a chance to try out the new I_RNET file? Eager for some feedback.

Once I get confirmation that this works on the C-series controllers I’ll upload version 1.1 of the plugin. It will include:

1. New I_RNET file with C-series support
  2. Mute toggle button
  3. Support for additional messages to display (including Mute)
  4. New icon for zones
  5. Incoming status parsing cleanup

ALL ON and ALL OFF Working… Still major bug with Source Selection. volume and conrol work as well. Seem like the only issue are the Source buttons. Only Source 1 does anything and it switches to Tuner and crashes the unit completely! I have to turn the MCA off to regain control.

Ok. Can you do the following for:

1. On the Vera under Setup > Logs, turn on verbose logging. It will reboot the Vera.

2. In a terminal window, ssh into the Vera, chdir to /var/log/cmh

3. Type tail -f LuaUPnP.log | grep ‘^5’ > log.txt

4. Back on the Vera web interface, click a couple of Source buttons that are causing the crash.

5. Back in the terminal window, control-c to kill the last command.

6. Attach the log.txt file here.

Hopefully that all made sense. I also have an email in to Russound.

Also, if anyone else has a Russound MCA controller and is interested in helping troubleshoot, please let me know. I’m trying to get this hammered out pretty quick.

Where exactly is the Log.txt file located? Should I can WinSCP in but I would like to know the location so i’m sending the right file.

Thanks

It should be located in /var/log/cmh.

Hope this has the info you need…

Thanks for the upload, big517. One question for you, were you using keypads or remotes in any way while you were capturing this?

This will be very helpful, it looks like the C-series devices offer a lot more (and possibly different) feedback. I’ll look at it more closely this afternoon/evening.

No keypads or remotes in use there, just clicked the buttons on the UI5 GUI.

Ok, new I_RNET file for you to test.

ALL ON/OFF button received “NO IMPLEMENTATION” error in the GUI… Volume Keys work, On/Off works. Still too early to test source as it will wake up the baby :-[

The All On/Off issue is because there’s a version 1.1 of the plugin that has changes to the json file. If you’re on the original version of the plugin (plus the new uploaded I_RNET file), that error is expected. If you do decide to upgrade to the 1.1 version of the plugin, this I_RNET file will still need to be installed on top of it.

Re-installing everything using plugin on the app site. Uploading I_RNET.xml.

Will report back asap.

ALL OFF works. When Turning individual zone ON the power button remains lit.
When the zone is OFF and I press ALL ON, the power button lights up on the controller, but the display does not change (still clock with no backlight).

Zone INPUT change does not work.
When I change inputs to anything other than Input 1, nothing happens.

WHen I change to INPUT 1 (Internal TUNER) The Zones change, but I lose complete control of the hardware and it requires me to toggle power on the unit manually.

I’ll post a log shortly.

This time it looks like I was able to alternate inputs, and showing in corner of Controller while in standby mode, but it froze shortly afterward.

Log attached;

OK, so I noticed I had an I/O error in my dashboard to my IP to RS232 adapter (failed to open port). I have been running it through the switch on my SONOS Connect and i’m wondering if the extra switch in there couldnt keep up with the traffic so I plugged the IP232 directly into the router and tested again.

EVERYTHING SEEMS TO WORK :o

I clicked every button and LOG is too big to attached so it’s linked here
https://app.box.com/s/onaiyur2jfqcohfudwos

I think we’re in business! Still getting Buffer Full errors though, what is that from?
Can polling time be reduced, or added as an option in the GUI?

Fantastic! I do have a new I_RNET file here that should give you some source/keypad displays. It accounts for variable length messages as yours were different lengths than mine and should be flexible enough for all other RNET sources, too. Are you getting the volume level changes correctly displayed?

The buffer full isn’t an error, I have it reporting when the buffer receives a complete string and resets. The buffer receives one byte at a time so I do it to make it easier to read (and parse), when it gets the “finish” byte of a string, it reports the whole string it received.

If this gives you displays, I’ll include and publish version 1.2 with this file.

Checking now…

In the meantime is it possible to display a message on the keypads?

I had the error again with the Input 1 locking everything up… I’m going to try to the previous file that worked just to rule that out.

EDIT:

Previous file works, the most recent has the lock-up issue with Zone1.