Scene execution issue

I’ve noticed that my scenes that execute for Armed Detailed State values ‘Armed’ and ‘Disarmed’ no longer are executing, however the state ‘Stay (partial)’ works. They all worked until a month ago. I’m not sure what I may have done at that time.

I recently upgraded to a VeraPlus and that went well, but did not change this behavior.

Any guidance is appreciated. I believe the state changes in the variables, but I don’t see a RunScene executed in LuaUPnp.log

Thanks.

The scene trigger for armed detail state relies on a string comparison, between the DetailedArmMode state variable and the event strings in the D_CaddxNX584Partition2.json file. It’s hard to imagine that they stopped matching suddenly but I can’t think of a mechanism that would have caused these strings to stop matching.

That, or something’s stopped Vera from properly parsing the D_CaddxNX584Partition2.json file and so it no longer triggers events based on the DetailedArmMode variable.

I have a perverse feeling that if you deleted the scene and created it anew, it’ll start working again, It’s happened before.

Scenes, Notifications, PLEG, … link triggers to an ID in the related D_XXX.json file. The scenes also contain arguments to match to state variables for that ID, and these arguments are of course Trigger/ID specific.

In the upgrade from UI5 to UI7 MCV has changed (rearranged the Trigger definitions) what the IDs mean … so now your Scenes, Notifications, and PLEG may be linked to different trigger definition and/or a changed argument.

If you have problems … just delete and re-create the trigger.

Note: I have seen these in “Security” related devices … which I believe is being done as MCV plans to get into the Home Security monitoring business.