Scene State impact on icon?

All, trying to understand how scene state is shown in the standard scene icon. Can soemone confirm the following:

1. When a scene is ‘active’ then the scene icon is ‘ON’. If it is ‘inactive’ the scene icon is ‘OFF’.
  2. If ‘background change based on state’ option is on, the background color will also be set if the scene is ‘active’ or ‘inactive’.

NOTE: I do understand what active/inactive mean from a Vera viewpoint (all devices are in the defined state – not the scene is running).

Trying to debug scene icon color issues so need to clearly understand the options within Homewave.

Scene State has always been an ill defined/implemented concept in Vera.

I would not try depend on it.
It seems to be well behaved if ALL of your actions are switches.

If you scene turns 5 dimmers on to 50% … and you manually turn one up to 75% is the scene active because all 5 dimmers are on ? Or is it inactive because one dimmer is NOT at 50% ?

Yeah, I am starting to see that – honestly I am not really using it just want to make Homewave the best it can be, and if it can reflect if a scene has all its devices set as expected you can see it in that one spot rather than checking all devices (and knowing what devices are involved)… Seems like it should be able to do that for simple setups, however can’t seem to get anything consistent – and i am not really sure how Homewave options and a scene’s ‘active’ state relate … I’ll do some testing to see over the weekend and most likely will bail on it …

I did note that it seems ‘on’/‘off’ within Homewave seen to correspond with the scene actually running (maybe) – as it flicks to ‘on’ for about a second when run.

I did notice the issue with dimmers – unless its an exact % match is not ‘active’ :-(.

So did some additional checking – seems like a scenes’ active state works a little – mainly for simple switches. Scenes with lights (on/off, not dimmer) and garage dorrs seem to work as far as marking active or not. Others do not work – including door locks.

So, I am simply gonna bail. Not really using this for much other than some feedback within Homewave.

Note: This is NOT Homewave but Vera not doing this right.