Schlage BE469ZP

:slight_smile:

VERA tech support said developers working on it with no ETA for release. This is a must have fix! Schlage appears to be discontinuing some of the BE468 and 469 models (or they are in very short supply?) so the ZWave Plus version is all that I can find in some finishes. VERA, please expedite the release of a fix for this lock.

ARG!!! Thought I was losing my mind until I found this thread! Called Schlage, they said Vera went out of business in March. Called Vera, they said they don’t support Schlage anymore. I specifically bought this $250 lock to work with my Vera, and their support used to be excellent! I agree with sturoberson - PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP! Sorry to yell and thanks to everyone that posted!

https://community.getvera.com/t/vera-7-30-core-firmware-beta-release/210665?u=edward

1 Like

Sorry/not sorry to resurrect an old thread, but since I’m about to take the plunge on buying a Schlage BE469ZP, I’d love to know if there is still any missing functionality using this device with Vera Plus on the latest firmware?

Please PM me if you can think of anything I need to be warned about.
THANKS!

• Libra

P.S. Replacing 2nd failed BE369 deadbolt; each served me well for 4-6 years then went bonkers. :-/

1 Like

I have three variants of the BE469 running on current firmware. The ZP runs the best. It’s fine, about par for the course, I’d say: occasionally manual operation of the lock isn’t reflected in the Vera state; just last week for the first time, and without warning, the lock’s batteries hit the wall, while Vera was reporting BatteryLevel in the 90s. You know, regular Vera stuff.

1 Like

Based on some nice reviews of the Yale deadbolts, I decided to go with their YRD216ZW, which had the right combination of features we wanted (physical buttons, keyed option, attractive appearance, mechanized actuator) at the same price level as most competitors.

Think I’m done with Schlage, having had two BE369’s fail in the past 4 years (the 2nd one remains “connected” to Vera – which reports Locked/Unlocked status, and can still activate the knob – but no Codes exist in the lock, and Vera evidently won’t send any). Wonderful build quality, but the lack of warning mixed with ambiguous post-fail symptoms and zero response from Schlage’s tech/warranty support made me want to move on to something newer.

I just hope Vera Plus plays nicely with the YRD216 series under the latest UI. Comments on this Forum prior to 2020 seemed mixed, but Amazon reviews from Vera users seem universally positive.