SECURE SSR302 problem

While I wait for Vera Support to respond…

I have this 2-channel boiler controller on my VeraPlus -

It is a SECURE SSR302 2-channel switch.

The two channels control the boiler for hot water and heating and appear to
work perfectly. However the ‘master device’, shown in DEVICES as ‘Horstmann Relay 2-Ch’
is intermittently reported as going off and then online and consequently I get constant
emails about it (several a day sometimes). I have two Z-wave repeating devices close to the
boiler controller (one 4 feet away and another 12 feet away). Three Z-wave devices can ‘see’
the Horstmann.

While waiting for Vera Support I had a poke around. Firstly The device (a SECURE SSR302)
is actually being reported as a SSR303!!! Secondly (perhaps not surprising) vera appears
the think it is a battery powered device!!! Also the device shows it has no neighbors.

I’m lost now, that’s why I raised a support ticket. Judging by previous experience I will
either have to wait days, or weeks, for a response or not get any response at all.

Anyone help with this?

VeraPlus Firmware: 1.7.4970 (7.31)

-John.

Got a reply from support - they said that the Secure SSR302 is not supported (although it seemed to work perfectly on my old Vera3 for years).

Can anyone help me to either get this device to configure correctly or, since the two slave channels always seem to function correctly, stop Vera from sending me emails about the ‘Horstmann Relay 2-Ch’ going offline and online.

Cheers, John.

you could turn off notifications for device fails

user & account - notification settings - Device Error Alert

Thanks for that - I was looking under Devices for something to do that :roll_eyes:

I would still like to fix the problem rather than hiding it. Apparently this SSR302 works fine on other Z-Wave controllers and seemed fine on my, now gone, Vera3.

-John.

Sorry i can’t help more, hopefully there is someone here who is using the device, that may offer some insight.