Secure Thermostats SRT 323

hi all, I installed 4 SRT323 thermostats in my house. 2 are within 10 meters from my vera lite (1 floor up) and the second two are 20 to 25 meters away and two floors up (i.e. signal passes through two floors)

problem is that the thermostat which are farther away every 2/3 weeks loose contact with the vera lite and completely and permanently disconnect. you need to delete the device from vera and re-include in order to get them back.

i have a number of fibaro devices inbetween and around which should be repeating signals so i dont understand why the farthest thermostats loose the connection. (they way perfectly in the mean time)

it is clearly a firmware issue of the thermostat that has a condition under whtich the thermostats de-includes itself and never reconnects after that but my question is why would this happen is there are repeating nodes around. is it possbile that the repeating nodes are not repeating in this case or not accepted as info by the thermostat?

thanks for your thoughts

If you restore a backup does the device come back and work?

I’ve had this happen a few times with the secure 321 thermostats.
In my case it happens about 12 hours after adding a new mains powered device anywhere in the network.
I believe it is to do with the network heal.

If you do a restore and they work the problem is Vera side

Hi Cris - thanks for the tip.

will make a backup and test it out.

in your case did the thermostat dissappear from Vera? or did it just loose the connection on the device (i.e. the antenna no longer appears connected)

i could certainly hear the idea that during healing due to distance something happens.

I’ve had both loss of connection (flashing antenna symbol on stat) and completely disappearing on Vera.

The pattern I saw the first few times was it would lose connection, I’d them put the stat in Li mode and force Vera to configure the node.
It would work again for a few hours then disappear from Vera completely.

This happened about 5 times when adding new mains powered devices.
Each time a restore to straight after the new device was added worked and everything stabilised.

The last time it happened it just disappeared from Vera, no communication loss issues first.

More recently I’ve added more mains powered stuff close to the stat but not had an issue.
Really not sure what causes it but I did see a distinct pattern at first.

hello - no luck with the backup/restore. had the usual connection loss did the restore :slight_smile: but no change in the connection. So must presume it is still the case of the secure srt 323 firmware deciding to go on the blink.

anyone esle with similar experience?

Alex

Hi sorry this is partially related, I have a vera plus and I can’t use the SRT 323 other than to set temperature.
DO you have any suggestion about how to install it?

Thanks

Hi,
Why it happens that I can change the setpoint only locally?
My VERA PLUS recognizes the locally change of the setpoint, but I cannot change the setpoint from VERA.
Thanks forward for any advice.

hi barabasj65. you should be able to change the set point. it just takes a while to happen (until the device wakes up basically)
i havent had any issues.

only tip i can think off is that after the inclusion pressing the L button and waiting for the P to appear. i press the N button also to make sure the settings go to the device.

Hello, I have a similar problem with the same device.
It starts with a loss of connection, I can change the set temperature with the vera, and change the temperature from the thermostat to the vera. (The antenna is not “lit”)

Then, after several days, I do not know anything to do at all and even the exact temperature of the room does not go up …

Any ideas ?
Thank you for your help

Nicolas from Belgium.

I have the same issue with no pattern to reproduce. Vera support also doesn’t know what happens. Thermostat is 5 meters from Vera. Usually loses connection after 3-4 weeks of being paired again.

Anyone found the reason/solution?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Enric

Hi my issue was firmware of the SRT 323. The old version has a bug. When changed I changed the thermostat to one with the right firmware it was OK.

You are looking for > > > > > version:

You’re absolutely right. I’ve checked and it’s 6,3,67,3,0. I have another one that works fine and firmware is the one you mention (6,3,67,4,0).

Did you have the chance to upgrade them or had to buy new ones?

Thank you so much alexk!

Best regards,

Enric

hey, had to buy new ones, talked to the company that produces them at the time,and they arent firmware upgradable.

Take care

Thank you very much, Alexk!