Seems you can run AuthomationHD on Windows 10 !

I just got a new laptop with a touch screen and looking in the Windows app store Grasshopper was the only Vera app.

However I’ve just got AuthomationHD running on Windows 10 and its working really well! ;D

[quote=“cw-kid, post:1, topic:188467”]I just got a new laptop with a touch screen and looking in the Windows app store Grasshopper was the only Vera app.

However I’ve just got AuthomationHD running on Windows 10 and its working really well! ;D[/quote]

Cool, what’s your steps to do this?

HOW? running an Android emulator? I tried Bluestacks and found it to be awful.

Better than Bluestacks!

Google Arc Welder a Chrome browser extension thing.

First I followed guide #1 which worked. However I then tried to add a second Android app and then I discovered it deletes the first app and all its settings. So have just had to setup AuthomationHD again for a second time.

So if you do what it says in guide #2 you can instead load multiple apps.

1. Run Android Apps in Chrome browser using ARC Welder -

2. How to run multiple Android apps through Chrome with ARC Welder - Liliputing

The app looks like and acts like a stand alone app, you can even pin it to the Windows 10 start menu and taskbar!

The second app I tried was the YouView Android app for the BT Youview TV box, so you can view the EPG and schedule recordings but that app doesn’t seem to want to connect to my YouView box and shows an error. Tried turning off the Windows firewall but still the same.

Think I might try ImperiHome for Vera later as well.

These are really the only Android apps I’d want running on my Windows laptop.

oh and the AuthomationHD app also works with the mouse so you can try it, if you don’t have a touch screen on your Windows PC as well !

I tried arc welder on win7 for Imperihome. However my laptop is always connected by ethernet and Imperihome was always wanting the local wifi. Any confirmation for Authomation that I could do it with an ethernet connection?

I’m on an Ethernet connection now as I have a full CAT5e network through out the house. I rarely use the Wifi on my laptop. Wifi is currently turned OFF.

I just disconnected the LAN cable and connected the Wifi instead and AuthomationHD app also works OK on Wifi, so either way seems fine. Will be a shame then if Imperihome cannot be used on LAN? I will try it tomorrow.

Excellent! I’ll give it a shot!

When you are setting up the app in Arc Welder be sure to select Maximized as it seems you cannot go back later and change this setting, do this so the app runs full screen mode. I had to delete the app and start again just to make it full screen.

When the apps are installed you can go to APPS in Chrome browser and if you right click it, there is an option to create shortcuts to the desktop and taskbar. I then pinned the desktop icon to the Windows 10 start menu / live tiles area etc.

See screen shots.

I also tried this with Andy, that basically sets up a virtual machine. it worked well… but pegged my system resources on a fairly beefy all-in-one and subsequently kept my fan running nonstop so I quit using it.

are you seeing the same with the chrome extension?

No I’ve not noticed any performance issues with it. The laptop is a Lenovo Flex 2 with an Intel i3 processor and 4GB of RAM.

Really happy I spent a bit more money and bought a new laptop with a touch screen now! Also some pretty good Windows touch apps for the Kodi / Emby media center system. :slight_smile:

I was on Windows 7 before hated Windows 8, 10 is loads better.

[quote=“cw-kid, post:14, topic:188467”]No I’ve not noticed any performance issues with it. The laptop is a Lenovo Flex 2 with an Intel i3 processor and 4GB of RAM.

Really happy I spent a bit more money and bought a new laptop with a touch screen now! Also some pretty good Windows touch apps for the Kodi / Emby media center system. :slight_smile:

I was on Windows 7 before hated Windows 8, 10 is loads better.[/quote]

glad to hear that… since I work for Microsoft :slight_smile:

I’m an imperihome user, so will be interested to see how that works. Not sure if i’m allowed to run Chrome! hahaha

Well we all know MS make a good OS and then a bad one and then a good one and then a bad one LOL and I can’t believe you have been using the very slow IE for all these years and not Chrome!

If I try ImperiHome app, I will let you know how it works, but super happy with AuthomationHD on Windows!

Hmm, running Chrome on Windows 10 to me is a double whammy on being a product rather than a user. What Microsoft doesn’t collect about me, Google will. >:( Seems MS is no longer selling an OS but selling a data collection engine. Cortana for one is worse than a teenage girl when it comes to not telling others about you.

Check here for a step by step guide on how to restore some of your privacy with Windows 10.

Done all that already, I was aware of the concerns over the privacy settings and yes its worrying the direction things are going in.

I downloaded the APK for the Imperihome Lite version from the Google Play store and added it to the Arc Welder / Extensions in Chrome. It launches and I am able to connect to my VeraLite UI5 OK on the LAN. Could also turn on and off some lights.

I’ve not really used Imperihome that much before so will have to set it all up and configure it etc.

One issue when you launch the app it says Error could not initialize the TTS Engine but I can live without that.

Having issues with the Imperihome Pro unlocker. I just purchased the unlocker from the Play store and installed it on my Android tablet, I then used an app called APK Extractor to get the APK file and then copied it off the Android device to my PC.

I then installed the unlocker with Arc Welder. I can launch the unlocker OK, but when I launch the Imperihome app and go to About it says Pro Version Not Installed. :frowning: