Sensor recommendations for use with DSC PC1832 + EVL4

Hey guys,

I’ve just purchased a DSC PC1832 Panel with a TR5164-433 Transceiver, a WT5500 Keypad, some WT4989 Key fobs and an EnvisaLink 4.

I now need to buy some PIR motion sensors as well as some door/window contact sensors.

I hear you can use the motion sensors to trigger scenes etc in Vera (I have a VeraPlus) which would save on buying additional z-wave motion sensors etc. I also have read that the wireless DSC sensors (e.g. WS4904P) have a 6s delay which makes them useless for triggering lights etc.

My questions are as follows:

• Are there other non-DSC wireless motion sensors that work with the PC1832 + DSC TR5164-43? Are there any that do not have the 6s delay?
  • Are there other wireless motion sensors that work with the DSC TR5164-43 out of the box that do not have this delay?
  • Do regular non-DSC wired motion sensors that work with the PC1832 Control Panel?
  • What is the go to wired motion sensor these days (as i know all of this hardware is very old and most likely outdated)?
  • Any recommendations on door / window sensors that work with the PC1832? Or should I simply stick with the DSC ones?

Thanks,
Jarrod.

I?m afraid I can?t comment on the TR5164-433 capabilities, but as for the wired sensors, you should be ok to use other quality brands just make sure you check the voltage requirements and that you always keep an eye on the combined amp/load when everything is added together . (Keypads, transceiver, Envisalink, sensors etc.)

For me personally, I find the DSC branded PIRs do a good job and being an older product, I?ve picked a few of them up cheaply from eBay.

Having the alarm panel connected to vera provides a number of value-adds not only the sensor notifications, but remote arming too etc.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you just use the standard hardwired LC-100-PI (PIR Motion Detector with Pet Immunity - LC-100-PI | DSC Security Products | DSC) sensors?