Simple scene i cant get to work

Hi guys i am struggling with a scene for my lights at my front door.
I have a Z-Wave Philio Motion Sensor PSP05 - Gen5 once this sensor detects moment i want it to turn on my outside lights.

so i have set up a scene once PIR is armed turn on outside lights for 1m then turn off.

i test the scene remotely by pressing play and all works fine, but when i trigger the PIR by walking past it the lights come on and after 30s vera tells me the lights have turned off but the lights remain on and never go off unless i turn them on and off again via vera.

So to prove my outside light zwave device i tried this with my main light in the house and same again the light reports that it has turns off within 30s but the light remains on.

I have spoken to vera support as helpful as they are they cannot seam to work out what is wrong.

Have any of you guys come across this before and if so do you know a fix?

Ste

I have attached pictures off the scene so you can see what is set up.

I have tried also to set the PIR as trigger any time but it still dose the same

Ste

Is the Wait for 1 min in the ‘Immediately’ or ‘Delayed action’

I could be on the wrong track, so don’t get your hopes up!

C

It is in the ‘delay action’ part of the scene. and unfortunately vera Reports the device as off before a min passes

ste

I have even tried just having the light turn on and a separate scene to turn it off but again vera shows the device as already off so the second scene dose not run

The light should have two variables called target and status. Can you please see what they are like after 30s and the vera reports that the light is off?
Is the target at 1 and the status at 0? If so it isn’t a scene or unlikely any lua code causing it. You have a report back on zwave that the light is off. If both are 0 then you have some coding issues.

Yes i will test this when i get home from work tonight.

Ste

Another probably stupid thought: Is there another scene / trigger / something turning the light off… Log might well tell you

C

nope no other scenes that turn the light off :frowning:

its just strange how the scene works if i run it manual via pressing the scene play button but when motion is detected the scene dose not run correctly.

ste

[quote=“stashton1990, post:9, topic:200475”]nope no other scenes that turn the light off :frowning:

its just strange how the scene works if i run it manual via pressing the scene play button but when motion is detected the scene dose not run correctly.

ste[/quote]

It is strange, indeed. But there’s always a logical reason. I’d definitely be trawling the logs.

C

“…Whenever the PIR motion detector IS ARMED and detects movement”

Stupid question : IS the PIR motion device in the ARMED state ?

Can you show screenshot of the devices section with this PIR element ?

The Pir is armed from sunset to sunrise and looks like this when armed

Ste

Hi Rafale77 the answer to your question when vera reports the light off after 30s the device variables you said are showing 1 1 and then after one min they show 0 0 but the light dose not change to off it stays on.

Ste

It has been resolved Whoop after a short conversation with the support team again the issue was the engine was crashing due to my cctv camera trying to record once the pir was tripped. So we have disabled that function as it is not required in my case and now all is ok and running thank you for your time :slight_smile:

ste

Good to hear, but not a great resolution :frowning:

C

[quote=“stashton1990, post:14, topic:200475”]It has been resolved Whoop after a short conversation with the support team again the issue was the engine was crashing due to my cctv camera trying to record once the pir was tripped. So we have disabled that function as it is not required in my case and now all is ok and running thank you for your time :slight_smile:

ste[/quote]

I was going to say that it is then some scene or lua code causing the problem…