SimpleWave for Vera 1.1.0 - Now Works with Nests new API without a plugin

We’re happy to announce the release of SimpleWave 1.1.0 with native integration to Nest using their new API.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/simplewave-for-vera/id795811924?ls=1&mt=8

SimpleWave for Vera 1.1 is the next big step toward synchronizing your home. SimpleWave brings your Vera devices and Nest devices into one unified mobile experience making it easier for you to enjoy your home. The benefits of your Vera Connected Home platform keep getting better. Here is what is inside;

INTRODUCING Works with Nest

This initial release includes direct integration with the new ‘Works With Nest’ platform. Functionality includes Works with Nest thermostats, occupancy sensor and Protect smoke alarms.

App Responsiveness

Improved performance and responsiveness of changing device settings - Should be at least twice as fast while still providing real feedback from Vera on the confirmation of any device settings changes.

Added swipe Up/Down gestures to the dashboard which allows direct toggling between the full-pane and mini-pane.

VERA UI7 Fixes

Fix for login error ‘Invalid Username/Password’ related to the Vera update to UI7
Fix for camera streaming and snapshot downloads related to the Vera update to UI7

THANKS

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions for new features.

Thanks for considering the Premium Service and supporting our ongoing efforts to make your life simpler.

I’ve enabled ‘works with nest’ in the SW app multiple times and accepted the terms. It says that ‘in a few minutes, I’ll see my Nest devices’… but I never do.

What else should I try?

Thanks

Did you go into your nest app and verify that simplewave is listed under “works with nest”? If you logged in several times you may have several simplewave instances out there. I would delete them all and log in one more time then wait, if the nest doesn’t show up restart the simplewave app

Thanks mgsmith, I was just going to suggest that - Please let me know if this does not work for you.

-Mark

Thanks guys. Yes, I did try that. In the Nest app there were multiple instances but I deleted them. Do I need to have the Nest app installed on my Vera?

No, it does not require the nest plug-in app on vera.

When you restarted the simplewave app did you try to sign in on simplewave again to force an update of the devices listed?

I just tried the log out/in suggestion. It did refresh my devices but it’s still not showing any of my Nest devices. Very strange.

I didn’t have those issues, as a last resort I would delete app, reboot phone, and reinstall app. Just a shot in the dark at this point. Maybe mark can help u

joelc73, I’d like to troubleshoot this for you - Can you email me and provide the specifics for your controller etc…

Thanks,
-Mark

PM sent. Thanks again guys.

Just downloaded the app and set it up… I do have the nest plugin installed in vera so simplewave found it right away. The problem is now since signing in - in the works with nest section I now have two nest thermostats under hvac… How do I fix this?

Are you also using the Nest plugin?

I do have the nest plugin installed in vera

Ok, this is why you see it twice :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply.

So just to be clear… I would have to remove the nest plugin from vera, disabling any scenes I have setup which uses the nest.

Basically simplewave would be the only way I could gain access to the nest? Is that correct?

Is there a way to hide the nest plugin instance in simplewave so only one thermostat shows up?

You can either choose to use the nest plugin or simplewave if you only want it to show up once. We support the nest plugin for those folks who want to use it instead of the official ‘works with nest’ feature that we have used.

There is currently not a way to hide it, as I just thought folks would choose to use one or the other.

Hey Markn,

I am still having problems with local login. It won’t login in when I am at home. I need to turn wifi off to force remote login. I am not sure why this is happening and it doesn’t happen with any other app. Would you be able to put a toggle in settings to force remote login regardless of if I am on my local network. Simplewave must be doing something different than my other apps and I have not be able to debug it on my side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads-up Mike,

I’ve heard of another report of this as well and will look into fixing it tomorrow. Are you using the latest beta 1.1.5.x?

Also please refresh my memory if you’re using UI5, 6 or 7?

Thanks,
-Mark

UI5, I probably won’t be using UI7 anytime in the near future. There are too many bugs and it is going on almost 2 months since the UI7 RC was released with no updates to fix any of the bugs being reported.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk