Skybell integration

Can we get a comment from Vera on Skybell integration? Would love to be able to unlock door from Skybell app when I want to let someone in…

Hello Folks.

Skybell is on the roadmap for the second half of 2018. Same as Ring.

REALLY appreciate the reply! Wish it was sooner, but great to see it on the roadmap! :slight_smile:

[quote=“Sorin M.”]Hello Folks.

Skybell is on the roadmap for the second half of 2018. Same as Ring.[/quote]Any others? Why so long?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Replying only to show interest in this being implemented. Thank you. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Sorin M., post:2, topic:197885”]Hello Folks.

Skybell is on the roadmap for the second half of 2018. Same as Ring.[/quote]

Can you give us an idea of what this integration would include?
Thank you.

This is still in analysis state and giving the history I can only tell you that this is still on the roadmap but no development has been started yet,

Got it. Thanks.

+1 on interest for Skybell integration

Not having to wait any more… I have integrated my skybell using Home assistant as a bridge into openLuup. Within 2 month time, I have turned my vera plus into practically a zwave/zigbee bridge.

been eyeballing this thread for a while waiting for an update on Skybell integration…

its now Aug 2018 and no news yet.

would be happy if IFTTT was working then i could have Vera be the “That” as i have 80 light switches via Zwave… none that are already supported by IFTTT

Any news about the skybell integration? When can we expect it?

I’d love to see the integration also, if only for the motion detected for the outside lights to come on. I’m currently burning batteries on a fibaro motion sensor that is under cover but suffering with cold temperatures.

Determined not waste another battery in a month, I’ve integrated the motion detected notification into tasker on a tablet I have mounted on the wall by the front door.

Autonotification - Tasker - Autovera

Next i’d like live view to launch automatically if the door bell is pressed and close again after say 1 minute.

I can launch via tasker but it only fires up the main app.

Within the door bell active notification, if pressed live view is displayed (i’m not clued up on android so not sure how to find the command embedded in the notification for live view)

Is this still on the roadmap?

Not integration related, but my skybell HD started failing due to the embedded LiPo battery wearing out, changing shape and pushing on the contacts in the back. I ended up replacing it with something else. Not a device I would recommend given the short lifetime.

A follow up on this and I am sort of glad that vera never wasted time integrating the skybell. It would have been a complete waste of time.

I have found a much better alternative in the RCA HSDB2. Cheaper, higher resolution and with the ability to offer a local stream to your NVR/blue-iris for recording and therefore cloud independent. It also is the only one I found to be able to run on 5GHz wifi which helps a lot with the 2.4GHz band. I scanned my 2.4GHz spectrum with an analyzer and cameras seriously saturate this already busy band. On top of this the fact that it has no battery makes it infinitely more reliable.
Since installation at the end of July, I found it to be a much better device. Now integrated to home assistant and vera with facial recognition…