Sneak Peek: Pre-production Test for our new Water Valve Hub

Ok @melih . Maybe probably my fault having test too near my production devices

I have had to factory reset :disappointed_relieved: my Fibaro FGR222 to enrole it again in my Vera Edge

Now I test far from my Vera Edge and my production devices

Thanks for response

1 Like

This is a possibility. Multiple primary controllers will pollute the network and increase the CRC errors, thus slowing down the network. Plus, Zwave is based on a network mesh and this defeats the whole purpose of building a mesh. I’ll go with one hub any time, unless you’ll need to cover a huge property or a castle.

2 Likes

I don’t have the scientific data (yet
)
20 ft in open space
or 1 per room
is a safe separation from my personal experience when it comes to using controllers.

1 Like

Personally, I have three controllers (Vera Plus primary, Vera Lite running a couple devices that don’t work on anything newer than UI5, and a new Atom V2 testing with a handful of devices) separated by about 30-40’, although there are several walls between them. So far no issues that I have seen with interference. For what that’s worth :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, it depends on your network. The more secure devices, the more problems. And you can’t measure it without a proper Zwave network sniffer, so not seeing it it’s certainly not strange.

Very interesting, although I’d rather keep my “hub” inside where it can see everything else easier and direct access to a wired connection (I don’t see many garages with Ethernet). A valve that is natively supported by Vera in genral, however, is absolutely a nice idea. The rest reminds me of a company at CES that bragged about their blender with built-in BT speaker. Practicality
hmmm.

Is there a built in temperature sensor also?

great idea actually!

what is your usecase?

I would love to put 2 up.

We have district heating and I would like to keep an eye on how hot the water is when it enters the house and when I send it back.

We get an extra bill if we send it back with a too high temperature, so you could use it to shut down if the water on the return becomes too high, and send an alarm about it

1 Like

That sounds really dumb, how many people are running their return pipe outside/through ground to loose heat to avoid a second bill. Efficiency is out the window, a poor design.

Don’t know, the meter is inside. But really dumb.

But can’t get rid of it. so just need to comply

That’s an interesting usecase @cokeman Thanks a lot for sharing. We will look into this.

Perfect, perhaps you can add an external probe to it also, so one valve can monitor more probes

1 Like

Well, since the valve has a built-in controller, I would think you could add several hundred “external probes” to it via z-wave - assuming such probes were available, of course. But maybe you were wanting a hard-wire solution?

Well I’m thinking the first one built into the unit, and a socket of some kind where you can add DS18B20’s

Couple units from manufacturing

2 Likes

Hi
BĂȘta-test ? I want to try :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sign me up also :slight_smile:

Can these units be used outside? Many manual water shut off valves are located outside in southern AZ. I have a Fortrezz zwave shut off valve in series with a manual shut off valve and mine is located outside though the zwave communicating module line was fished through the wall inside where it was plugged in as well. These look like they are intended for inside installation (which probably works for most people).

It should be pointed out that beta testing these for a home water shut off valve situation will require significant replumbing unless you wish to replace the main shut off valve completely with one of these.