SNMP

Does Vera support LuaSNMP (requires Net-SNMP library version 5.2.1 or later)?

SNMP seems to reach a dead end in all the forums … Can I take it that there is no SNMP functionality in Vera?

I’m keen to use Cacti to mnitor and record logs as it does with all the computers/network gear I have and this would appear to be the simplest/standardised approach (presumably OpenWRT has an SNMP codebase that could be used?)

http://www.iadis.net/dl/final_uploads/200302p207.pdf

root@MiOS_XXXX:~# opkg update 
root@MiOS_XXXX:~# opkg list | grep snmp
collectd-mod-snmp - 4.9.1-1 - SNMP input plugin
erlang-snmp - 4.13 - Erlang/OTP is a general-purpose programming language and runtime
ifstat - 1.1-1 - Network interface bandwidth usage, with support for snmp targets
iptables-snmp - 0.1-1 - This is a plugin that makes iptables rules accessable from snmpd.
 - snmp_basic
libnetsnmp - 5.4.2.1-2 - Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is a widely used protocol for
mini-snmpd - 1.0-5 - SNMP server for embedded systems
python-yapsnmp - 0.7.8-1 - This package contains a Python SNMP module based on the net-snmp (formerly
 known as ucd-snmp) library. It's composed of a low level interface to the
snmp-utils - 5.4.2.1-2 - Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is a widely used protocol for
snmpd - 5.4.2.1-2 - Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is a widely used protocol for
snmpd-static - 5.4.2.1-2 - Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is a widely used protocol for

This post is written in the context of Vera 2 running UI5.

SNMP is supported under OpenWRT.

Login as root

[font=courier]opkg update
opkg list | grep snmp
opkg install snmpd
/etc/init.d/snmpd start
/etc/init.d/snmpd enable[/font]

Default community string is public

Edit /etc/config/snmpd as needed

[font=courier]vi /etc/config/snmpd[/font]

Monitor with your favorite tool like PRTG. Auto discover does a nice job.

I like to have a lower warning limit set on uptime of 24 hours (86400 seconds) as shows a warning in PRTG when the Vera uptime is less than 24 hours.

Hi,

I have followed the installation guide. Small amount of data is provided by Vera.
Any chances for sharing the config “snmpd.conf” from other implementation?