[solved] UI7 Scenes not running ... (House Modes must be set)

I found the issue? a bug when migrating from UI5 to UI7. I have not created a new scene to see if it is a bug in scene creation but it definitely was a UI5 to UI7 migration issue.

oign from UI5 to UI7 Scenes are not migrating to default ?When I am in any mode?, as stated here? http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/articles/1630795-scenes-tab-creating-your-own-scenes

So, none of my scene Modes were selected in the Scene and they were not running unless you manually trigger it.

Oddly enough, and making it difficult to figure out since it was not consistent? my Scenes based on Schedules that are sunrise/sunset we actually working fine even though they didn?t have House Mode set.

SOLUTION:
If you have scenes that are not running when triggered via schedule or device trigger - check to ensure you have selected at least one, or all, of the House Modes in the scene itself. If you have not selected any Modes, the scene will not run unless you manually trigger it.

[prior issue post below]

I have verified, for me, on UI7 version1.7.2414

What’s not working:
Scenes based on a native Vera ‘simple’ time schedule is not running.
Scenes based on other triggers (like MultiSwitch) are not running either.

What is working:
Scenes triggered by PLEG - most of my native vera scenes and forced to run by PLEG
Scenes based on Schedules that are sunrise/sunset

All scenes run if you manually press the run button (>) on the GUI

Vera support is clueless - they didnt even know how to see when it ran last even though it is in the GUI!

All my UI7 vera native scenes are still running well. I have a few of them running a day so I would know if it stops working. I did have some cases in the past that a scene is not running on schedules but they are mostly my configuration faults.

Do you have LUA in any scenes ? this is probably a continuing MCV saga …

All my scheduled scenes are still running normal and the Vera they run on is on the latest firmware.

No custom LUA. Super basic scene… 1 schedule + 1 device - nothing more. See attached screenshots

I have 4 scenes doing this… they all use different schedules (times) and cross 2 different devices - but NONE of them run.

Have you verified you Vera is reporting the right time? If it reboots while the internet connection is down sometimes the date gets reset to 1999 or something like that temporarily.

Have you verified you don’t have a bunch of restarts/crashes going on that is causing the Vera to miss the time to run the scene? (Look at your logs or system events, Vera won’t play catch up if was rebooting or doing a Luup restart and missed the time to run the scene)

Have you tried creating a new basic scheduled scene to make sure nothing is corrupt in you current scene causing it not to run?

I have a arround 10 schedule based scenes on the latest firmware, they are running fine.

Hi,

On both a Lite and Edge on 1.7.19 all scheduled scenes run as expected. I have multiple at set times and some relative to sunrise/sunset. Some with LUA some without.

Cheers Rene

I also have native scene working fine with latest firmware. Did you disable the scene accidentally ? In web UI, I always can’t enable or disable the scene sometimes, I mostly use Vera Mobile to enable / disable the scenes.

Not much help but my VeraLite was doing this as well. I have since upgraded to a Vera Plus and don’t have the issue any more but I was on the latest UI7 firmware with it and sometime in the past month I noticed my morning and night scenes weren’t running. Both scenes were based on Sunset/Sunrise daily. I could manually start them and they fired off.

I never did fix it nor did I figure out when exactly it started. Initially I thought it had to do with the Sunrise/Sunset calculation but I set the scenes to static start times and that didn’t work. I have since wiped my VeraLite so I can’t say whether or not creating new scenes worked for me.

Not sure if it relates to your problem, but my Plus stopped running many scenes and others would erratically run. Scouring the forums I found another user that stated that devices that were no longer present could cause problems with scenes. This didn’t necessarily make sense to me, but I did have a number of devices that were used for Christmas lights control that had been put away for the season. Brought them out of storage, unlinked them, and the scenes started running again.

I’ve updated my first post, and modified the subject…

Anyone else seeing this?

I have verified, for me, on UI7 version1.7.2414

What’s not working:
Scenes based on a native Vera ‘simple’ time schedule is not running.
Scenes based on other triggers (like MultiSwitch) are not running either.

What is working:
Scenes triggered by PLEG - most of my native vera scenes and forced to run by PLEG
Scenes based on Schedules that are sunrise/sunset

All scenes run if you manually press the run button (>) on the GUI

This doesn’t look right:

“When I’m in the mode”

Should be:

“When I am in any mode”

[quote=“echino, post:12, topic:195281”]This doesn’t look right:

“When I’m in the mode”

Should be:

“When I am in any mode”[/quote]

I have scenes that run just fine showing “When I’m in the mode” … I have not set any House Modes on those scenes. BUT I will try setting the modes to see if that matters.

Just to clarify, based on your screen shot

It say “When I’m in the mode” which means you have limited what modes the scene will run in (either on accident or the scene got corrupted), and the scene will only trigger iif it is in that mode when the timer goes off.

If is say “When I’m in any mode” it means the scene will run no matter mode you are in.

Hopefully this gets to the bottom of your problem. If you didn’t set them that way, it may indicate some corruption of your scene that occurred at some point.

I think the House Mode is the issue… clearly another oversight by Vera - lack of proper documentation AND not not setting it when migrating from UI5 – hell, even Vera tech support was clueless.

the kicker is that they ALL worked perfectly fine, on the same firmware, for the first week+ after I upgraded from UI5 to UI7

Thank you all for the help! Maybe this thread will help someone in the future.

Thank you for this info, I had upgraded from UI5 to UI7 on my veralite and although all the scenes were working, as soon as I edited one it stopped working, the fix was to tick all modes on all the scenes, it appears this should have been a default setting when the scenes were upgraded from UI5 to UI7… Thanks again for identifying this.