SONOS plugin

Hi Sorin,

I just mentioned the issue with the Hue plugin as an example.
Off topic (but to answer your question) I did not file a ticket for this issue, I mentioned the problem in the Hue plugin topic and your own reply was (#354 31st jan 2018 so 6 weeks ago) that it will be fixed in the next firmware update 7.26. My main VeraPlus is still on an old but stable firmware so Hue and Sonos plugin still work, a second VeraPlus That I use for testing is giving problems with both plugins). I did file tickets on other issues and mostly they were solved although not always structural.

I really hope to see some progress on short term, because I like the flexibility that Vera had in the past and the big potential it has and also I hope that not more plugin developers leave because their plugins suddenly donā€™t work anymore.
So please work on this in stead of just deleting my postsā€¦ :slight_smile:

I can not control my Sonos anymore :-\ Anyone else? ā€¦ well play and stop functions in the ui7 interface works but when I use the API calls including TTS nothing happens. Worked fine earlier today and nothing is changed afterwards

Bump due to lack of solution. My TTS stopped working but it still ups the volume, so now whenever itā€™s supposed to make an announcement, instead it stops playing, then ups the volume, then continues playing music at a VERY LOUD volume with no announcement. Previously it stated the announcement then went back to the prior volume.

Now the plugin goes from OFF to ON and back in just a second and shows as offline in the Plugin. The IP is correct.
I have not changed anything. Anyone else?

[quote=ā€œSorin, post:18, topic:197535ā€]We canā€™t really touch the existing plugin because of multiple reasons.

It will be official Sonos integration done together with the Sonos team. We already got the hardware, weā€™re waiting for their kickstart signal and API access.[/quote]

Any news on this?

I am not sure why but I have been able to control most of my Sonos with the original plugin but I am running it on openLuup. The only thing not working is the volume. Everything else works. I even get the artwork etcā€¦

So I donā€™t think it has to do with the API or the plugin. It is all due to uncontrolled changes in the vera firmware.

[quote=ā€œSorin, post:18, topic:197535ā€]We canā€™t really touch the existing plugin because of multiple reasons.

It will be official Sonos integration done together with the Sonos team. We already got the hardware, weā€™re waiting for their kickstart signal and API access.[/quote]

Hi Sorin - does this mean the integration will be Cloud based rather than local direct control? For those of us at the bottom of the world on less than stellar internet, thatā€™s a step backwards in responsiveness.

For those looking for an alternative, and donā€™t mind a bit of DIY I can recommend this: GitHub - jishi/node-sonos-http-api: An HTTP API bridge for Sonos easing automation. Hostable on any node.js capable device, like a raspberry pi or similar. running in a Docker container as a means of controlling your Sonos via simple http requests. I use that and still use the Sonos Plugin and it works great for me, Iā€™ve modified it a bit though to incorporate some fixes that have been posted on the forums over time. You can find it here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,55317.msg415040.html#msg415040

@Spanners,

Iā€™m not sure exactly what are the specs of the Sonos API. We already have Sonos hardware in our lab and initiated discussion with the manufacturer.

We will, of course, use and develop based on what the official Sonos API offers. Not sure if itā€™s local, cloud or hybrid.

[SOLVED] It was sorted out by deleting the plugin and re-installing it. Unfortunately the device ID was changed so I had to update several of my scenes. I might use the device ID as a global variable next time.

[SOLVED] It was sorted out by deleting the plugin and re-installing it. Unfortunately the device ID was changed so I had to update several of my scenes. I might use the device ID as a global variable next time.[/quote]

you know you can go to the attributes of the device and change the device ID back to the original one right?

[quote=ā€œSorin, post:16, topic:197535ā€]Just some updates on this topic. We have initiated talks with Sonos and also got samples of the Sonos products for R&D.
However, R&D is on standby as we are waiting for the NEW API Sonos is working on. As soon as we have clearance from them, we will have this on our working bench.[/quote]

Sorin, any update on this? Youā€™ve had samples since March last yearā€¦

Thanks.

I have no problems with the sonos app on my veraedge. I had to manually enter the ip adress under ā€œadvanced->Params->IPā€ and also change the parameter under ā€œadvanced->Variables->CheckStateRateā€ from 0 to 5. Then the app discovered my sonos. If you do not change the CheckStateRate it will not check if a sonos devices is ready on the Ip adress.

1 Like