Sonos - Responsive Voice - "Sonos: warning: RV TTS: failed!"

Hi SWFire

All of my TTS has been created using code from other people here on this forum.

I?m away at the moment but if you let me know which example you are interested in, I?ll share my code and explain the plugins I use when I?m home again.

Thanks

John

[quote=“JohnGiddings, post:21, topic:199068”]Hi SWFire

I?m away at the moment but if you let me know which example you are interested in, I?ll share my code and explain the plugins I use when I?m home again.

Thanks

John[/quote]

-I’m interested in how to pull events from a Google calendar and have them say them

-Also interested in the geofence for arriving/leaving work

-Announce arrival of friends and family

These are what interests me the most. Thanks for your guidance! Looking forward to implementing some of these cool features to my system :slight_smile:

[quote=“JohnGiddings”]Hi SWFire

Thanks

John[/quote]
Look like responsive voice is not working again:-/

Hi

I?m not home to verify everything is working correctly, but my wife says Responsive is working for us.

Have you tried restarting vera again?

John

Mine is still working as of today. fingers crossed

[quote=“JohnGiddings”]Hi

I?m not home to verify everything is working correctly, but my wife says Responsive is working for us.

Have you tried restarting vera again?

John[/quote]
Thanks gents,
It seems when you add a Sonos stereo pair during the setpup process when prompted to press the button on the back of the left unit in the stereo pair you must press the unit that you have configured in the Vera Sonos app (I.p address in my setup) or adjust the I.p address in the Vera Sonos app to mirror the ?left speaker? that you selected during the Sonos stereo pair creation or tts will not work:-/

Would it be difficult to add responsive voice to this app:
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_dlna-cntroller

I suspect it?s possible, does that plugin work with Sonos?

I would recommend you open another thread and ask the question, it would best if the original developer made the changes.

Gents Can anyone help with the below please:
what would be the correct addition to the below code to return the volume to 50% after the tts completes?

luup.call_action(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1”, “Say”,
{Text=“The washing cycle has completed”, Language=“en”, Volume=75},

+1 on many thanks :pray:t3: to John for the original fix and this update for TTS.

[quote=“JohnGiddings, post:18, topic:199068”]Hi

You were right, something HAS changed and again I think this is on the Responsive Voice side.

I noticed this morning that my morning greeting was cut short.

It looks like the number of characters that can be processed in each section has been shortened.

I have decreased the “cutSize” on line 154 from 1000 to 200. Unfortunately, this has re-introduced the some pauses on long phrases we had when the code was first released, but at least its working again.

I’ve uploaded the code change again.

Thanks

John[/quote]

+1 for having had lots of trouble with this one. Not at home at the min, but I have noticed that it has stopped working for us as well. Will try your fix, hopefully that works.

I’ve been using it to let us know if the postman opens the porch door, weather (WU plugin) in the mornings etc. but yours are next level John. I’d be interested too in a step though on how you set some of those up. I assume you are using PLEG to sort those out? I’ve just dipped my toes in PLEG and it seems like it might be the way to go. I’m using Fibraro 3in1 sensors as triggers for most things, but they have all become unresponsive since the last FW update, so I need to get that sorted first…

Looking forward to hearing how you achieved some of these. I’d like to know when the garage door is left open for example, what sensor are you using for your backdoor?

Cheers

Anyone that gets a fright at wee hours of the morning when they say Alexa and she responds with 100% full vocal force ( set too 100% volume from a previously triggered security warning or such and volume didn?t return to previous setting volume setting) can use the below code addition to return volume to xyz setting after tts finish?s

The below returns volume to 50% for device 176 just need to ensure the luup.sleep (milliseconds value) has to be longer than the tts or the volume reduces mid speech
luup.call_action(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1”, “Say”,
{Text=“The Washing cycle has completed”, Language=“en”, Volume=75},
176)
luup.sleep (4000)
luup.call_action(‘urn:upnp-org:serviceId:RenderingControl’, ‘SetVolume’, {DesiredVolume = 50}, 176)

Credit and thanks goes to Member A-Lurker (creator of the broadlink plugin and others)

Of course use at your own risk as I tweaked it and I am no luup programmer :slight_smile: