Sonos zones discovery

I would like to get feedback about this feature.

In a different post I commented that Discover Zone feature is not working.

I tried today again and found it is working perfectly. I’m not sure what was the issue earlier but with Vera3 UI7 this feature is functional.

Sharad

After creating another new device, the Discovery did not work initially. However, after making vera Reload, then Discovery did work perfectly for me. Could be coincidence, but I thought I would comment about it anyway.
Many thanks for this fantastic plugin. :slight_smile:

Yes, after the creation of a new device, it is more or less required to reload the Vera and then to clear the WEB browser cache to have something properly working. This is not something specific to the Sonos plugin, but something that is inherent to Vera UI. At least in UI5.

To be clear, using Vera UI, you have to know that you have to clear your WEB browser cache in few circonstances. If this problem could be solved in UI7, that would be an improvment.

I was contrained to do several reset to factory while trying to upgrade to UI7. I am now running UI7 and UPnP discovery is no more working … if I don’t apply the network patch.
Running reset to factory or reset network may break something, that is an hypothesis.
As a conclusion, I will add the ability to apply/unapply the network patch inside the plugin.

I have now implemented the ability to install/uninstall the “discovery patch” from the UI. It will be included in the next version that should be released soon.

I just replaced one Sonos device with another one.
Sonos plugin does not detect it.
Under the device it also says that the discovery patch is not installed.
However, clicking “Install” doesn’t do anything.
Vera Plus, UI7.

Just bought sonos Play:1 :slight_smile: and tried to had the SONOS plugin.
I have the same issue than sjakub.
Nothing happens while clicking on buttons (Chrome)
Upnp proxy installed.
Says “Discovery patch” is not installed, but clicking do nothing
“Discover” do not work and setting the IP is not recorded.
Well, nothing works :frowning:
VeraPlus UI 7 (1.7.3232) on Chrome.

I actually configured a static DHCP rule to give my new Sonos device the same IP address as the old one was using.
It was noticed by the plugin, even the icon in ‘devices’ section got updated.
But that’s hardly a solution…

Unfortunately, I have a new one. I do know the IP but do not manage to set it in the plugin. Even manually :frowning:

The plugin is not working anymore.
It was working perfectly untill i had to factory reset my vera plus for other reasons.
When i installed the sonos plugin again, it didn’t work. Same as ydesrumaux, nothing works. My sonos has a static IP.

Please help!

Same here, stopped working on my Edge UI7

Me too, a sonos IP had to be changed, The app works (play stop etc) but the TTS is broke. De discover button also doesnt work anymore

Hi, I got the discovery to work again, just not TTS. See my post here in case that helps you:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,33223.msg340555.html#msg340555

Just tried to add my new Sonos Play:1 to my VeraEdge running latest firmware(1.7.3500). Even though I’ve been running a lot of Vera automation for the past 4 years, I’ve not connected a Sonos before.

So, using the wiki instructions, I added the UPnP plug-in first, then the Sonos plug-in. Both devices show up properly. Then I restarted VeraEdge just for good measure, and cleared Chrome’s cache. Both devices are there; so far so good.

Went to Settings, and saw that “Discovery patch” was not installed. But - just like the rest of you on this thread - nothing happens when you press the button. And the “not installed” indication remains.

Tried entering the Sonos’ IP into the “If Discovery doesn’t work…” box, but again nothing.

And I’ve tried the control buttons, but there is definitely nothing happening. Most of the variables in the Advanced tab are empty, so it’s apparent that the app is not initializing at all.

Looks like many of the posters here have had issues with this all the way back to October. So, has there been a fix or solution?

Melsman

Has this been resolved at all?

Hi Grantclem,

I can confirm that with the steps in the link I provided a few posts earlier, I have everything working now. TTS, discovery the lot. TTS did not work at all and I gave up with it, but then a few weeks later it just started up again without me touching anything, telling me the weather etc etc.

I am running a VeraEdge (and a Vera plus, but that won’t work with my RFCOM for some reason - so that’s a total different story - but the TTS and Discovery works on both) with the latest firmware. TTS I am using Responsive Voice.

Good luck - it all seems a bit hit and miss… I guess we are a few years ahead of the curve. I’m sure there will be a standard (or 2) that will be set and allow everything to talk to each other smoothly eventually… homekit is trying…

[quote=“fyford, post:17, topic:183027”]Hi Grantclem,

I can confirm that with the steps in the link I provided a few posts earlier, I have everything working now. TTS, discovery the lot. TTS did not work at all and I gave up with it, but then a few weeks later it just started up again without me touching anything, telling me the weather etc etc.

I am running a VeraEdge (and a Vera plus, but that won’t work with my RFCOM for some reason - so that’s a total different story - but the TTS and Discovery works on both) with the latest firmware. TTS I am using Responsive Voice.

Good luck - it all seems a bit hit and miss… I guess we are a few years ahead of the curve. I’m sure there will be a standard (or 2) that will be set and allow everything to talk to each other smoothly eventually… homekit is trying…[/quote]
I don’t understand how you got it resolved. The steps you indicate are to upload a TTS file, we are not even able to make it play, TTS would be the next step.

Hi charlesrg,

I am running the stock Sonos plugin :: Current Version:1.4

That is just working for me on my VeraPlus and Edge (I just cloned the Edge) running 1.7.3831

For me it was getting the TTS to work which was a pain. I run the wunderground app to tell me the weather, get alerts if Amazon / posty leaves parcels in my porch etc etc. That is now all working and has been for a while until this last firmware bricked my Vera.

That has now been resolved from Vera’s side where they logged in remotely to clear cache which totally filled up the Vera. There is a thread somewhere about the firmware issues…

Shout if I can give any further info?

Cheers