Sorry Node Reports its Busy

Hi guys, not sure if this makes sense but I had one of our guys looking at this and it seems to only replicate on Leviton devices. At least this is what he noticed on a batch of different brands.

As a workaround, he added IgnoreCommandClass for command class 0x22 on them.

The issue is still open but since it’s trivial, it will most likely take a while.

1 Like

This also happens on my Fortrezz wv-01 valve anytime I operate it. Valve works but then reports ‘Sorry, the node reports it’s busy.’ Has been like this since I installed it years ago.

Opened a ticket back in the day and was told they couldn’t do anything because it was behaving as designed. Easier to ignore the error message than to argue.

I have no problem with the device reporting this message. I just don’t believe it is constantly reporting it and the problem is more about how long this message stays. It is not good to ignore the command class. Instead, I would suggest to work on the UI side to clear this message after say 1min.

forwarded your suggestion. :+1:

1 Like

Hi @sorin, could you say a few more words about this. I’m looking to implement this, but I’m not certain where to make the change. Could you please clarify or point me do a doc? Many thanks!

This is not something you can do yourself. It is embedded in the luup engine code.

1 Like

Thanks @rafale77 - it’s appreciated!

I’ve got about 50 Leviton dimmers and switches. Currently 7 of them are in this state. I clear them by either re-polling them, or excluding/re-including. Complete waste of time - like wack-a-mole…they just keep entering this state randomly.

Usually reloading luup would clear the message which though simpler is really not an acceptable solution.

I have confirmation that this issue should be addressed with the upcoming 7.30.

1 Like

Really appreciate you helping us out here! Looking forward to trying it.

Is there a timeframe for 7.30 Sorin?

I indeed had this occur with a garage door opener. Vera support had to fix it. The message wouldn’t go away on its own.