Spectrum (Time Warner Cable) killing off Intelligent Home. Too bad VeraSecure doesn't really do security

My brother has Time Warner Cable IntelligentHome, their security and remote control system, and was just notified he has a few weeks to find a replacement.

Given my experience he came to me for suggestions. It is just too bad I can’t recommend VeraSecure + VeraProtect. I have a VeraSecure, and love it for automation, but it doesn’t have any alarm system functionality. It has a built-in siren, battery, plus 2Gig sensor compatibility - that is all that makes it different from the VeraPlus. To make it a functioning alarm system you have to do something like: Full Instructions: Setting up VeraSecure as a Home Security System - Door Locks & Sensors - Ezlo Community, which is crazy and more than I want to support. If it had alarm system functionality out of the box (wizard to configure including the 2 Gig keypads), that would be something different.

If he didn’t live 5 hours away I would go rip out his unused/ancient hard-wired alarm system and put in a DSC 1864 in its place with an Envisalink module to get connectivity/alerts. And then worry about automation…