Spirit TRVs - Waiting for device to wake up errors

Hi

I’min my first week with Vera.

I have a very small project for Vera - control the heating, everything is zwave.

7 Rooms - 8 Spirit TRVs, 8 Secure SR321 Thermostats, and a Secure SSR302 Boiler controller.

All are added to Vera ok.

I keep getting errors where Vera is waiting for a device to wake up, to make setpoint changes - ie the Spirit TRVs - which can receive instructions 24x7 and are effectively always ready to receive zwave instructions - so not sure why Vera is waiting for a wake up that won’t occur?

Vera%20-%20Spirit%20TRV%20-%20Waiting%20for%20wakeup%20to%20configure%20device%20error

Any insights? Thanks

Are you changing the configuration or just setting the temperature? If the former, this is probably just a notification. Check the manual there’s possibly a way to wake it to change the config.

If it’s just changing the set point, then this seems odd (although I’m not familiar with that specific device)

I have a thermostat. It’s set to wake every 5 minutes to get updates (or the battery lasts about 2 weeks) so when I change the set point I get a similar notification, but ‘Waiting for wake up to send commands’ which is normal.

C

The Spirits are open to receive instructions all the time they use FLIRS so anything that is sent to them wakes them up and they receive it immediately.

Vera appears to be waiting for a wake up with does not occur because they are always awake.

I may have resolved it by setting wake time to 0, ie never wake up.

Now I just need to work out what to do about Vera ‘losing’ zwave devices it has line of sight with :slight_smile: