SQ Remote won`t authorize with BOX.NET

:-[ Hello folks, last week I did a sq designer interface for iphone… in sq designer was everything ok, saved in box.net

in the iPhone, share and backup, accoun, authenticate… BUT! a msg appears…

AUTHENTICATION FAILED - INTERNAL ERROR. API KEY NOT AUTHORIZED. CONTACT SUPPORT.

someone get this error already??

thanks!

I have the same problem here, tried to talk with Square Connect, but with no answer…

Don’t what to do…

Me too!
In May was worked…and now not working!

Same Here!!!

My veraLite works fine, SQ blaster doesnt respond in my old SQ designer Template (iphone)

when tried to update my new template (ipad) doesnt connect to Box.net

??? ??? ??? ???

Its back! I send an email to box.net, directly, yesterday with pics and infos about it… and now its working again!
finally -

[quote=“alsocel, post:5, topic:182147”]Its back! I send an email to box.net, directly, yesterday with pics and infos about it… and now its working again!
finally -[/quote]

Same Here, hahah
But now every morning my SQ blaster doesnt work =(, it wont connect!!

When i open my Sq Designer, my box account is empty, and if i save something to it, it says saving but it doesnt show up in either box.net or SQ designer. The only way around it is downloading it from box.net onto the PC, then open it in SQ designer, edit it, upload it manually to box.net . It is a pain but it works. I guess SQ is now defunct ?

yepp,

All manually!!! It suxx!!
It works fine in the ipad, iphone! up and downloading

So is the solution to send an email to box.com?

[quote=“alsocel, post:5, topic:182147”]Its back! I send an email to box.net, directly, yesterday with pics and infos about it… and now its working again!
finally -[/quote]
Could you please tell us a bit more what you did/sent and what the actual outcome is? What works and what doesn’t.
Thanks in advance

Umtauscher

ok, relplying to myself just to let you know:

I just received an answer from box.net
They switched off the API that SQRemote and SQDesigner are using.

Another selling point for cloud based services!

Cheers
Umtauscher

so what should we do now?? dont save or edit our remotes??

I have attached the last response from BOX that I received yesterday.

Wilhelm,

This was brought to my attention in Platform support.

We have reached out to SQ Remote a number of times in the past, unfortunately their developers were not willing to switch over to the new V2 API.

We released the V2 API in December of 2012, and warned developers that we will begin turning off functionality in December of 2013. With SQ Remote, we told them a number of times to update their code, even extending their grace period for the switchover almost an extra year. They were one of the last remaining applications still using the V1 API. We have made the final steps to completely end of life our V1 API. I apologize that this has impacted you negatively, but we’ve made these final steps as the V1 API has been replaced by a much more efficient, robust and secure V2 API.

I’m sorry, but this is out of our hands. We can’t force anyone who has built their product off of our product to do anything, and we have been more than accommodating with the developers.

Best,

Paul
Box Platform Support Engineer

I am quite angry to read how long Squareconnect knew, that this was going to happen and they still did nothing to prevent it.

As I see it, there are only 2 courses of action:

1. Make BOX reactivate their API V1 again, at least for the customers that used it before
  2. Jailbreak your Apple devices and copy the configuration to it via iFile or a similar tool.

And for the future. Never buy anything that uses a cloud based service, if you don’t want to throw everything away when the firm goes bust.
Cheers
Wilhelm

Trying to figure things out:

1. The app folder on the ios device is “/var/mobile/Applications/SQRemote HD”
  2. in that folder is a folder “Documents” that seems to store the configuration files
  3. the file BRSDownload.zip seems to be the last downloaded setup file.

What I don’t know is, how to unpack the content of the zip file to the proper directories or how I can trigger SQRemote to do it by itsself.
I have to be careful not to destroy the installed app, because I could never restore it.
I hate this!

I deleted my SQ app on my iphone and I’m trying to set it manually but it keeps telling me that it cannot connect to my vera because of an “invalid user/pass” message. My username and password are correct because I can use my other apps and am able to login into mios. I don’t know how to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try connecting it with the local IP, I think you don’t need a User/pass for that.
And I would appreciate if you wouldn’t highjack this thread instead of creating a new one. This has nothing to do with box.net
Cheers
Umtauscher

Sorry about that umtauscher. I didn’t mean to hijack it. I forgot to mention that I was also receiving the API Key error message at the beginning, then l deleted it without thinking. Thanks for the advice.

Well, the API problem is estblished right now. I thought BOX would at least forward the API documentation of the V1 API, but they claimed that such a documentation doesn’t exist.
Hard to believe…

Anyway I am still trying to find another way to keep using the Blaster, but I’m not out of the woods. Maybe during the next week.
Cheers
Umtauscher

I just noticed this problem yesterday. I have one Original Vera and one Vera 2, both running on UI5 software. I couldn’t get my Vera 2 to connect with SQ. Did not have the problem with my original Vera. So here is what I had to do: (Summary, Delete the unit and reinstall it back, then assign the devices back to the buttons)

1. Go into Set-up, then MIOS Systems, the Edit MIOS Unit Settings (Under your MIOS Unit - MIOS-XXXXX)
  2. Once you get in the Edit MIOS Settings you will need to “Delete This System”.
  3. Then go back to myMIOS Service Settings, enter your User Name and Password and hit Continue.
  4. You will then see your Configured Units. Place a check by the unit you want to reinstall. Hit Configure.
  5. This should reinstall all of your registered UPnP devices and reconnect SQ to the Vera. I closed the SQ App and reopened it to make sure that it saved the new settings. It re-opened the SQ app and it is working fine for me.

The negative to this is you will name have reassign all of the devices back to the buttons on your SQ Control Panels. I have 2 separate houses running of off two Vera’s that work with 3 IPads and 2 IPhones. I had to do this for all 5 devices. In the past I would save the IPhone template in Box and then upload it to the next Iphone. Same for the IPads.

Everything was working ok ish… until I upgraded my iOS on my iPad, reinstalled SQ Remote HD, and now I cannot login to my box account from SQ Remote, i get invalid api. So now even though i bought the app, i cannot use it as i cannot download my configuration files to my iPad any more. If you use SQ remote do not upgrade your iOS, you might loose everything. I still have another iPad which is running SQ Remote, luckily both iPads are jailbroken, the one still working on iOS 6.1.2, the other one on iOS 8.1. I just installed iFile to see if i can possibly find out where the configuration files are stored. If i find a way to get it working again i will post it here. The file location mentioned earlier in the thread here does not exist for 8.1. I will need some time to search and compare, maybe i can find something