Starting to think either MIOS is defective or my vera lite is

I get this message 70% of the time I try to log in to my control panel/MIOS on the web. (OSX, FF and Safari)

“Unable to communicate with your unit. Please be sure the unit is powered and connected to Internet.”

I am new to mi casa verde which may be the problem but I am smart enough to know it shouldn’t be this difficult. Everything is fine in terms of flashing lights. I reset router, reset vera lite, reboot my computer. Its a PITA.

Anybody else have issues like this? I have requested tech support but never heard back. What should I do?

Local or remote? I’m assuming remotely. I have never had this issue and I use the remote functionality all the time via AutHomation. Try a mobile app and see if it persist.

I assume cp.mios.com is remote access however I do access on the network with my home computer so it may be local (uses IP address). I have not yet got the app to work remotely - need to configure the settings I think.

Was able to log in just now. I should also state that when I access via web from home computer - and when it loads - I get this message
“Unable to connect and retrieve data, please try again later. If the situation persist, please check your internet settings.”

This message appears but it is connecting because the page loads all my devices and so on and when I do a few simple adjustments it seems to work.

I just received my unit today and set it up. About 1/2 the time I’m getting this same message. PC is on same home LAN the the unit is on??

Everything has been fine last few days. Happy to report.

[quote=“randyz, post:3, topic:176444”]I assume cp.mios.com is remote access however I do access on the network with my home computer so it may be local (uses IP address). I have not yet got the app to work remotely - need to configure the settings I think.

Was able to log in just now. I should also state that when I access via web from home computer - and when it loads - I get this message
“Unable to connect and retrieve data, please try again later. If the situation persist, please check your internet settings.”

This message appears but it is connecting because the page loads all my devices and so on and when I do a few simple adjustments it seems to work.[/quote]

Hi Randyz

I get the message “Unable to connect and retrieve data, please try again later. If the situation persist, please check your internet settings” very often. It seems to occur under two conditions:

1. My internet connection (i.e., ISP) to vera is down (this occurs through the remote login ==> cp.mios.com) or,

2. The router is overloaded with connections which I surmise is slowing down the response of the router (I have 8-10 wireless and 5 wired connections .. including two HD video cams). This occurs with a local connection.

If I reduce the load on the router the message disappears. You can view the router connections by logging in to the router. I am also considering using Quality of Service (QOS) privatizations which probably will help.

I hope this helps you. It’s taken me a long time to diagnose.

Don

A post was split to a new topic: Chatty Vera 3 controller is making a lot of traffic on my network