Status updates from a PIR

This is surely a dumb question but I’m going to ask it anyway. Is there any way to get the EVL/DSC plugin to push out updates from PIR sensors connected to the alarm panel? Another way of asking this, is there anyway to make a DSC wired PIR to behave like a zwave wireless PIR in terms of a trigger?

Thanks!

They already do if you configured the DSC plugin correctly.

Solved in that the PIR has to be in Armed mode in UI7 for the trigger to work. This is not the same as if the DSC panel itself has the PIR armed. Example, in Stay mode for the DSC, the PIR does not create an alarm condition. In Night Mode for Vera the PIR should be set to “Armed” for night mode.

What causes an ALARM is different then what causes a TRIGGER.
It should always TRIGGER when there is motion.
It might be ignored in the Alarm Panel based on the type of Zone, and the Mode of the Panel.

In Vera there are two types of triggers, armed, and anytime there is motion.
Armed here has NOTHING to do with the DSC panel. ARMED on Vera means that you set the particular device in Vera into the ARMED state. (which can be done manually, by scenes, modes, PLEG …)
Vera Secure does uses the ARMED state here to implement the “Vera Alarm System”. If you have serious security concerns I would not recommend you use Vera as an alarm system.

Richard,

Well, then something is off with my DSC plugin settings and/or my PLEG logic. When I had the trigger configured for armedORdisarmed and the PIR was not armed in UI then it didn’t seem to fire. As soon as I armed the PIR in UI the trigger started firing. I will try again maybe I just missed something simple. If it doesn’t work then I will post my logic+status and try to spot the flaw.

Thanks!

I have my motions from my DSC alarm panel plugin all set to ARM and use normal scenes - not pleg.
each of my motion sensors I have set to Armed. Also have a couple hardwire door zones as triggers to when opened.

Scene
Whenever Zone 11,12 detects motion whether is armed or disarmed
under Luup for the specific trigger I put “return luup.is_night()” so it only goes off at night time.

Device actions: Immediately turn on family room light, Foyer Light, Kitchen Light

To turn the lights off I have a countdown timer that watches the motions and if no motion after 60 minutes will turn off the lights.

Works great