Steinel Smart Home XLED Home 2

yeah lux seems to be working ok, just plugged in next to my Vera at the moment, not decided whether to send back the standard XLED (without zwave) and buy another one of these

To be honest I was expected an on / off device and a motion sensor device with the Everspring PIR light.

I wasn’t expecting the LUX sensor device.

I’ve not read the user manual yet however.

If indeed it shouldn’t and doesn’t create a motion sensor device, then as I said you’ll have to create a virtual motion sensor device and have some scene logic for it based on the status of the Generic IO on / off device.

yeah shouldn’t be a big problem, notifications work with it as well
thanks

Can you please post a variable screenshot? Maybe tripped variable is there and a Virtual device and a couple of line of codes could fix it.

Hope this helps
Thanks

Yes, I confirm you can create a virtual sensor and just copy the value with a watch on the variable. Search the forum on how to create a virtual sensor and how to copy a variable via lua.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try and sort just download rigpapa virtual sensor plugin so when I get time I’ll try to configure without asking too many questions :wink:

PS just bought a Shelly and downloaded your http plugin

Thanks to you, rigpapa & cw-kid for excellent help and plugins!

Glad you liked it.

No need to use site sensor, virtual sensors can be easily created:

Old post by @cw-kid on how to create it. Watch examples are everywhere, but feel free to ask if you need help with code.

1 Like

Ok so I created a virtual sensor (thanks rigpapa) that works and detects motion
nice but I cant get it to untrip, I followed the instructions above and they have been added to the virtual sensors variables but it wont untrip, I set the untrip value to 5 secs, I must be missing something

Mmm seems to be untripping now :grinning:

Sometimes Zwave and my Vera plus gets right on my nerves! message this morning couldnt detect device (light) so I messed around deleted the virtual sensor and reconfigure light, added sensor but I cant get the virtual sensor to trip
When I created the virtual sensor i picked the correct device the light and tripped from the list in rigpapa virtual sensor addon
The i added the untrip to the virtual sensor as a new service, but I cant get the virtual sensor to turn red when tripped
arggghhhhh
have I missed something,should I be picking tripped from the drop down in virtual sensor creation?
thanks

Flakey or what! I left every thing as it was and motion sensor is now reporting BUT when the light trips on from the sensor it does not report its state back to the controller, I can switch in on and off via the controller though and that shows the correct state, so tomorrow I’m going to start from scratch with the light and the sensor

I thought you said it did?

I only do all my logic in PLEG for virtual devices and setting their states.

Yep it did, but it stopped today
maybe caused by cant detect device problem this morning, so going to try again from scratch tomorrow

Try to set auto configure to false.

not sure where that setting is but it defaults to use default behaviour when it installs is that what you mean? thanks

And another thing, why wont it let me delete the device neither light or sensor I even tried

http://ip_address:3480/data_request?id=device&action=delete&device=5

and the flippin thing is still there even after reload engine, reboot and reset z wave chip, had this problem with the Steinel, going to restore backup prior to light being included :rage: :rage: :rage:

Yes set that to No. That usually stops the Can’t detect device message.

1 Like

Ok reinstalled light, set default behaviour to no, added rigpapa virtual sensor created new virtual sensor, created new service AutoUntrip, leaving it now to settle for the rest of the day till dark and lets see what happens, thanks

Ok now everything is working as it should, light turns on and off manually, light turns on and off when it detects motion and reports it state to the controller, the virtual sensor is also reporting correctly :grinning:

So last question hopefully, should I change the light config from GenericOI to binary switch coz I dont like the zwave icon :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thank you all for the help, going to order another everspring now for the back garden

1 Like

It shouldn’t cause issues changing the Generic IO device to a Binary Light device.

Maybe just changing the category and sub category to the correct numbers maybe enough to change it to a bulb icon.

1 Like