Strange error message

Hello everybody,

since a few days I get this error message in the log. It’s related to the workflow engine.

eLuaInterface::CallFunction_Timer-5 function executeWorkflows failed [string “-- // Plugin ALTUI…”]:1353: bad argument #2 to ‘format’ (string expected, got nil)e <0x759da520>
01 12/31/20 14:32:05.892 eLuaInterface::CallFunction_Variable func: variableWatchCallback Device_Variable 60 urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1:Watts failed [string “-- // Plugin ALTUI…”]:1406: attempt to index field ‘text’ (a nil value)e

Does anybody what’s the reason and how to fix it?

Hello
there is a problem, probably in a workflow. maybe using a old device that does not exist any more ( device 60 , variable Watts ? )

to be sure I need you to take the latest version from GitHub - amg0/ALTUI: Enhancement Interface for VERA home automation system reload and replicate the issue and we can take it from there.

Hi,

I did a closer look to the source code (L_ALTUI.lua). The errors are thrown in some of the debug output calls. It is the string.format function that throws the message that one of parameters are null / nil. I commented the lines out. Now it works.

I will try the latest version from github the next days.

Agreed but it is hiding another issue. That input should not be null we need to understand the root cause of that to find the real issue behind. Can you say which line / function and variable was null ?