Subject: UI7 - Vera Firmware Update - Version 7.0.31 hot fix (1.7.4969/1.7.4970/1.7.4971) - March 2nd, 2020

It is possible! But I do not know how… support did it for me…

I remember going out of my ways to do this:

I wrote a script to copy the current firmware version into the latest version file and ran it on crontab every hour. This is the single line:

cat /etc/cmh/version > /etc/cmh/version_latest

from the lua test page, if you are able to get to it before getting spammed by the firmware upgrade page, it is:

os.execute("cat /etc/cmh/version > /etc/cmh/version_latest")

1 Like

Upgraded my Vera Edge just today to 7.31 hotfix. It seems that without any problem. Has to be said that my Z-Wave network is NOT a big one…mmmmm… some 20 devices, 11 of them battery powered and most of them with two devices inside and also several scenes defined.

But it works. :grinning:

I also run @rafale77 codes for wakeup and polling. I left nightly heal active for a couple of days in order to have my controller re-discovering and re-building the Z-Wave mesh. I will deactivate it in a couple of days.

Well, when I said “it works” I had to say “it works as it worked previously”, what, for me, it is good enough. The “Light Sensors” of the Neo Coolcam Motion Sensors (I have 4 of them) still have 0 Lux as reading, as it was before …. :frowning: I remember someone in a previous post said that it works for him, but it doesn’t in my case. Could it be some parameter problem?

Regards

Hey !

Since I did the update, 1.7.4970 (7.31) my controller remote access is quite unstable.
It turns quickly as “OFFLINE” and reapears online few minutes after, to appears offline few second after.

It is connected to the box via ethernet, and I never faced any problem before the update.
I access it remotely outside of my network, and I have no chance to try to access it localy.

Uhm, I have to report that every time I reboot the Vera, my configuration is lost. So, at every reboot I have to start from factory settings. I have a Vera Edge.

Try resetting the controller (6x reset button) until the remote connection is stable again. That’s the only thing that works when I have this problem (and I have this problem after every update).

Thanks Odysee!

I will not lost my setup doing that?

Yep having same issues…
Turning off safe tunnels has improved the stability of the link… so at the moment i can access it through web… but the phone app is still not working… its showing as connected and everything when it goes to device selection… then it just hangs with “establishing connection” message at the top. so cant use it… have ticket logged with vera … waiting for them to respond… by the way whats the general response time for support team to respond?? I’ve been waiting for any sort of response for 25 hrs as of now…

Not excatly the same problem;
Mine is going ON and OFFline in few seconds in a loop.
Able to logon on it, and suddenly ejected, and appears offline on the account. And some minutes after, appears online, going logged in, and suddenly ejected again…

Hi Clems… that was my exact problem…
if you connect through your internal network direct. .works fine… (use ip address of the vera in your browser)
but when you try to go through their portal… it will show connected / disconnected thing… see my previous post from couple of days above…
turning off failsafe tunnels stabilised that part… i still have issue with the app… have you tried the app???

You can restore a backup. It’s created once a day automatic.

7.31 was a no go for me? Installed & spent the next 1 & 1/2 days trying to get stable, Devices waiting to wake & whole system very sluggish. Worked with support but finally had to downgrade, Just could not afford to spend any more time on it when 7.29 was performing reasonably well. Not sure where I will be going from here? Support did contact me again Today wanting to do some more troubleshooting, I wish I could spend more time but I need a working system for the next couple of months

the vera team have been oddly quiet…

It the same via the App, not more reliable connection…
I will try to reach the Vera via local IP once I will be at home.

And maybe try a reset but I’m so affraid to not be able to restore any backup. This times Vera is quite… untrustable I will say !

I will prefere to try to downgrade.

I’m still waiting for support. @Sorin … Is there anything we can do… at the moment our (Clems and mine) Vera seem to be useless… although operational… we cannot access it through app… My ticket number is #217148. .

Thanks Prle.

I have to say that I wanted to open a ticket but I’m not able to, I’m not able to stay logged on the Vera long time enough.

HI Clems
please go to https://support.getvera.com/hc/en-us/signin?return_to=https%3A%2F%2Fsupport.getvera.com%2Fhc%2Fen-us%2Frequests
(would recommend to create account before raising ticket)
just a heads up you would need Vera serial num
that way you dont need to log into the vera portal

1 Like

@Sorin
Updated !
Not satisfied.
Why ? Because one very simple scene refuse to excute : every morning at a specific time (trigger), windows covers should open but they don’t.
I tried to delete the scene and to recreate it again but same result. I don’t understand.
Regarding the app, some scene are classified as “no room” but they are…
Plus two devices are “waiting to wake up to configure” since 10 days.
I ask myself the question : why did I upgrade as everything worked fine before ?
Really bad experience once again…

So installation of this update has caused my Vera Plus, which was working quite nicely before, to start failing to function regularly. Scenes will either fail to execute entirely, or, often as not, only partially execute. Switching home modes only sometimes sets all the devices correctly (yesterday, for example, I got bombarded by alerts because it failed to “disarm” my motion sensors when I came home). I sent a request to support last week, but they haven’t responded. Is there a way I can downgrade back to the previous release that was working well, until things can be sorted out? Thanks.

@Sorin another one for you

C