Success story

Hi,

First I just want to say thanks to guessed for creating this plugin/binding! Fantastic job! Now I’ve finally managed to convert/recreate all the plugins and/or features (*) I used in Vera in OpenHAB, yiha! ;D

Can’t say it wasn’t a steep learning curve but it was totally worth it. My first concern was the possible delay by adding another system on top of Vera, but after a while I observed the opposite effect. By disabling all plugins on Vera all it could concentrate on its primary job, Z-wave communication. All other features, scenes, plugins (communication with other systems etc.) and storage was moved to my OpenHab server running on much better hardware.

• Vera Edge, Kodi/XBMC, RFXCom, NMA

Next challenge is getting graphs,persistence/rrd data working on temperature/humidity sensors etc.

Congrats!

Definitely interested in seeing any special rules you’ve developed, since that’s often a stumbling block for users as well.

Congrats!!

Yeah, that learning curve is WAY too much to allow me to make the move right now… I really hoping Samsung get’s it right, but…

I’m not sure what’s special or not, but I could post my configuration files with some comments on what does what, may make it easier for those who wanna try it out. I’ll see what I can do.

By the way, the Item file generator tool is worth its code in gold! It made things so much easier to get started! :slight_smile: