Successfully initialized

Hello,

I’m using GCal3 v1.0 and it misses some events on my google calendar. Sometimes, it will trigger and sometimes not.
It usually indicates “Successfully initialized”, and when i click on “Arm”, it checks the calendar and finally trigger or indicates “No events found today”.

My questions are :

• is it normal that it keeps displaying the “Successfully initialized” message or not ?
  • is there a way to force the checks on some interval (with a scene or PLEG) ?
  • and finally, i’m stuck on v1.0 even if the auto-update feature is checked on the App, can i force the update without unstalling the App and reconfigure everything ?

Thanks for your help,

[quote=“dtatane, post:1, topic:185636”]Hello,

I’m using GCal3 v1.0 and it misses some events on my google calendar. Sometimes, it will trigger and sometimes not.
It usually indicates “Successfully initialized”, and when i click on “Arm”, it checks the calendar and finally trigger or indicates “No events found today”.

My questions are :

• is it normal that it keeps displaying the “Successfully initialized” message or not ?
  • is there a way to force the checks on some interval (with a scene or PLEG) ?
  • and finally, i’m stuck on v1.0 even if the auto-update feature is checked on the App, can i force the update without unstalling the App and reconfigure everything ?

Thanks for your help,[/quote]

I’m assuming you are on UI5 ?

The plugin (like all plugins) will be restarted (initialize) any time you reload or change a variable in the advanced tab. In those situations GCal informs you what is going on. Going from Bypass to Arm forces a check of the calendar (functionally the same as the check button on the control tab. So all that sounds normal.

The plugin checks at the start end end of each event and at least every 3 hrs. In the normal situation you would not need to force a check. If you added a new event for sometime in the next 3 hrs, then you would need to manually click check to force an update.

If it says “no events found today” and you think it should see events … does the time-zone of your vera and your calendar match ? I’m assuming you are using a regular calendar and not an ical - if you have a keyword set that there is an event that matches the keyword …

To force an update to V1.1 you can try this:
https://fwd5.mios.com/port_3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=Plugin_ID
where Plugin_ID is the plugin to be updated