Suggestions

Hi,

If you have suggestions for additional functionality please post them here.

Note: Sorry, it is not possible to control Vera (Z-wave) devices directly with the plugin. There is an other topic with options for that.

Cheers Rene

Two features on the to-do list for a post 2.6 release.

• Have the plugin respect the ‘disabled’ attribute so you can disable it in case of PD etc.[glow=red,2,300] March 5 update[/glow]; this is in V2.7.
  • Investigate the option to support channel selections that require a series of digits or an option to have a series of any commands under a single key press.

Cheers Rene

Hey Rene,

Not many feature requests here so maybe nobody else needs this, but it would be useful to have a “CurrentActivity” variable as well as the existing “CurrentActivityID” variable to use in watches. CurrentActivity variable would use the name value from whatever the activity was set up with.

Likewise if the StartActivity call_action command could take that same text name to initiate the activity that would be cool.

Use case is for example when integrating with third party systems via xAP, MQTT, HTTP, etc 
 so you can use the actual Activity names as opposed to having to maintain a list of Activity name to ID mappings.

Possible?

Martyn

[quote=“martynwendon, post:3, topic:191191”]Hey Rene,

Not many feature requests here so maybe nobody else needs this, but it would be useful to have a “CurrentActivity” variable as well as the existing “CurrentActivityID” variable to use in watches. CurrentActivity variable would use the name value from whatever the activity was set up with.

Likewise if the StartActivity call_action command could take that same text name to initiate the activity that would be cool.

Use case is for example when integrating with third party systems via xAP, MQTT, HTTP, etc 
 so you can use the actual Activity names as opposed to having to maintain a list of Activity name to ID mappings.

Possible?

Martyn[/quote]
Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the suggestion. This now possible with version 3 and up.

Cheers Rene

Hey Rene,
Was thinking about when you start or turn off an activity, that time between when all devices are being powered on or off, would it be possible to have some indication that the hub has received the command and is in process. For example when I click the ‘Off’ command and ‘watch tv’ is on, both buttons (off and watch tv) could be green to signify that the hub is turning off the activity but hasn’t completed the command yet, then once everything is off just the ‘off’ button is green. I don’t know if that already exists because occasionally the remote icon changes colour, but not always or consistently. Let me know if you understood what I have written, a little hard to explain :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Pabla,

I think I know what you mean, but that does not seem feasible with the Vera as GUI. I attempted this by the Ok acknowledge interval. If you set that two two seconds you should always see the icon change color to give some indication.

As you say the buttons appear to light up inconsistently today, but in the underling code they are switched on of about the same time all the time. It is the GUI that does not always pick that up. I know the idea sounds nice, but I do not think it is the purpose of the Vera or any of the plugins. The idea is that you automate as much as possible, the GUI is just to configure it all and then you no longer look at it (well it should be).

Cheers Rene

Makes sense! Thanks for the clarification Rene!

Hi Rene,

Is it possible to have multiple harmony devices controlled by one vera child device? I have a separate A/V Amp and TV that are part of an activity and instead of having them as 2 separate child devices it would be nice to have them all under one device so I could control the TV and the A/V volume in one.

Hi Pabla,

It is on my to-do list to create child devices for the activities, like watch TV. But you are keeping me busy with the Tesla plugin :slight_smile:

Cheers Rene

1 Like

All good Rene! Again thanks for all your work :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Rene, ive updated to 4.0 and love it so far. Is there a possibility to group multiple devices into one child device, separate of activities? I have so many child devices with only 1-2 commands and would be nice to clean them up into one big child device.

Hi Pabla,

Glad you like the activity devices. Creating one big child device with all possible commands may be doable, unless the Vera variable storage cannot handle it. It will be quite a big blob of data. It is also quite a step off the current logic.

Can’t you use the Virtual panel plugin (if that still works) or the ALTUI panels to create something that is a better fit for your setup?

Cheers Rene