Sunrise/sunset condition (v3.7)

I was trying to trigger an action at a specific time before sunrise and did this (using -90 min offset):

Well, it didn’t quite go as planned :smiley:

Ended up using the following that seems to do the trick, although it’s using “between” and not the exact time I preferred. This might be clarified in the Reactor documentation? Is there btw another way to accomplish the same? Just realized that to narrow the time gap I could use e.g. -90 and -89 offsets…

Update: I found good explanations from the documentation, the rationale why there isn’t an “at” operator, so @rigpapa, you might as well ignore this post…

If should be “after 90 minutes before sunrise” in the original logic otherwise the condition is True all night long and False 90 min before sunrise

1 Like

I think you are right about the original logic, but what you are proposing is incorrect. If I’ve understood correctly, “after 90 minutes before sunrise” is interpreted as being true between midnight and sunrise + 90 minutes.

Nope. The condition is True between 90 min before sunrise until midnight and then False. Test it !

You’re right, I got confused on the order of after’s and before’s… if I rewrite your condition as follows it’s more clear:

"after (90 minutes before) sunrise”

I was confused myself in the beginning. Glad it works now!