Support for Heatmiser WiFi Thermostats

Thanks for the reply. My PRT-TS is not one of the 12v networked models. It’s basically the 230v Non-WiFi version of what you just linked me to so the wired plugin wouldn’t be of any use to me sadly.

Thank you though for providing the link. Heatmiser don’t seem to list them on their own site anymore, presumably because they want people to buy NeoStat. The terminology WiFi vs. Wireless clearly had me confused.

I mentioned in a previous post that the plugin works perfectly on UI7, despite frequent device not found" errors.

I was having a look at how people resolved similar problems with other plugins, and I think there’s a simple solution. Edit Alan’s L_Heatmiser.lua file in a text editor. Find line 211, which reads as follows:

luup.log(HEATMISER_LOG.."Startup complete")

Insert a new line after that line to read as follows:

luup.set_failure(false)

That fixes it for me.

Thanks again to Alan for a fantastic piece of work!

Dan

Thanks Dan - good to hear you’ve found a fix. I’d actually added that line in Version 1.83 (just before the luup.log statement) so I guess you’re running an older release. The last true bug fix was in 1.82 so if that’s the version you’ve edited you should be up to date.

Ah - and there I was thinking I’d done something clever!

Hi Allan, spoke with you before about your great pluggin. I’m glad I held out as heatmiser are realising there new smartstat any day now. The system looks ideal and uses wifi to communicate (without a base station) like the older stats. Once they are in my grubby hands I will install your pluggin and see what’s what!

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris

This looks interesting - let’s hope it uses the same comms protocol!

Alan

Hi,

Just joined as i’m due to receive my first Z-Wave devices & VeraEdge this week (long time X10/Homeseer user upgrading finally!) lots of reading going on!

I have a Heatmiser Wi-Fi thermostat that I installed last year, would someone be able to send me the details of the plug-in?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Steve - I’ve PMed you.

Hello Racarter.

Sorry to be a pain, but can I please have a PM also for the Heatmiser Wifi Plugin.

You’re a gent. thanks very much

mbarne36 - I’ve PMed you.

Hi Allan any chance I could try this plugin, I’ve just got the new smartstat up and running. I won’t hold my breath though! Cheers and all the best

Chris

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I talked to Heatmiser about the SmartStat and they confirm that its comms are not accessible, so it cannot be connected to Vera. Heatmiser say that only the old Wi-Fi models and the new Neo thermostats are suitable for home automation comms.

Hi Allan, I thought as much, is there any chance I could give it a go? Cheers
Chris

PM me your e-mail address and I’ll forward the files - but they won’t work.

Hi Allan,
Please could I try this plugin?
(I have the original version).
Thanks in advance
reds
Jon

Hi Jon

Sent. If you have any problems give me a shout.

Great thread to find, as I’m just doing a loft conversion with wetroom and was looking into which UFH thermostats might be supported.

Just confirming which models will work with your plugin racarter ?

NO - any of the new Wi-Fi Smartstat range
[url=http://www.heatmisershop.co.uk/wifi-thermostats/]http://www.heatmisershop.co.uk/wifi-thermostats/[/url]

YES - any of the NeoStat range
[url=http://www.heatmisershop.co.uk/neo-smart-thermostats/]http://www.heatmisershop.co.uk/neo-smart-thermostats/[/url]

YES - some of the old Wi-Fi models

thanks

Here is some additional information. A user created a plugin with the help of Heatmiser.

andycee - Exactly right. I’ve written plug-ins for the old wifi models and the new Neo range. Unfortunately they are the only two model ranges in the Heatmiser product line with published APIs. I’ve talked to Heatmiser and they confirm that it is not possible to access the comms protocol for the Smartstat range.

Hi Alan,
Could I ask for a copy of the Neo/Vera Edge plug-in please?
Still fairly new so I can’t PM you from this side.
Many thanks and appreciate you making this available.
Kieran