SystemPowerSource not reporting correct state

Hi. I use Vera Secure with 1.7.4971 firmware and Reactor plugin 3.7 version.
I have reactor sensor with SystemPowerSource condition at battery but it does not trip when I unplug Vera from power. Current value shown on sensor is always utility.
I also uploaded latest lua file as mentioned here: Reactor ver 1.5 Stable/Pre-Release - #25 by rigpapa - Reactor - Ezlo Community but it doesnt help.

Is there something else with reactor master that doesnt report correct state of SystemPowerSource?
Please help…

I’m surprised you thought uploading a v1.5 file onto a v3.7 installation would bring you anything but pain. Fortunately, you actually didn’t do that (the stable branch release is currently unmodified 3.7, so it was a no-op). Generally, don’t post updates to files from the forums unless you’re directed to so do by the plugin author, and be careful about the dates of posts you are reading (for all plugins), because the forum is loaded with postings of old, out-dated code left for historical purposes but very risky to play with as the system and the plugins evolve.

Please do the following when the system is on battery:

1. Go to your Reactor master device, Backup/Restore tab, and click the “toggle debug” link at the bottom of the page.
  2. Wait 10-15 minutes. Do not do anything with the system.
  3. Collect the Vera LuaUPnP log file by requesting this url in your browser (put in your Vera’s local IP address where indicated): http://your-vera-ip/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP
  4. Right-click in the log display and use the “Save As…” to save the displayed log page.
  5. Email the page to me, at the address is given in the “Tools” tab Troubleshooting section of any ReactorSensor.

Thanks!

Thanks for your quick response!
I did take a peek at lua file before uploading and saw its 3.7 version. Totaly understand precautions and I surely dont want to kill my vera controller :smiley: Old forum post was just a reference mentioning power source condition.

Followed your debug instructions and sent you email…

Please install this file: Reactor-battery-test-20221.zip (76.0 KB)

To install:

1. Unzip the file. The ZIP archive contains a single file.
  2. Open the upload in UI7 at Apps > Develop apps > Luup files
  3. Drag the unzipped (L_Reactor.lua) file to the Upload button.
  4. Wait about 3 minutes, then grab your LuaUPnP log as before and email it to me, if you would please.

I don’t expect different behavior with this test, just more information to look at.

Thanks!

Thanks for help. In meantime I reinstalled the plugin and I noticed systempowersource is not available anymore under reactor device.
I was then trying different verasecure device states and found battery level which kind of works (screenshot below).
Its not ideal and I would stil like to grab changed state from DC power to battery power.

To try the file you just posted I will need to wait for two weeks because I just left for vacation and have no local access to vera controler. Unless there is some way to export debug remotely?

No problem. Here’s a new ZIP file. I’ve modified this version so that it sends my debug into a variable called ps on the Reactor master device. Here’s what you need to do, which you should be able to do via the remote access entirely:

1. Erase the old ZIP file and its unzipped contents from your computer (not the Vera), just to make very sure the rest of the steps are completed using only the newest file.
  2. Install the L_Reactor.lua from the new ZIP file here (same procedure as before): Reactor-battery-test-20222.zip (76.0 KB)
  3. After the upload and the reload completes, wait a couple of minutes (at least two).
  4. While waiting, hard-refresh your browser. I always recommend doing this when doing any kinds of updates to your Vera software/plugins, and when you add or delete devices (it’s almost a requirement). This resyncs the UI with the Vera (they don’t stay in sync well in many cases). If you ever notice device variables are blank when they shouldn’t be or devices are missing, this is the first thing you should do.
  5. Go to any ReactorSensor, and add a Device State condition. Choose the Reactor master device as the condition device, and choose the ps variable. It doesn’t matter what operator and operand you use for this, so just use “equals” and leave the operand field blank.
  6. The “Current value” text below the condition should be showing the value of the ps variable. Just copy/paste that text, or screen shot it, and reply here.

Thx!