Television brand that works best with vera

I have been using vera for several years, currently have a vera edge on UI7.

I want to get a new television and I would prefer to get whatever brand that might work best with an existing vera app as an interface to manage from my phone, or Alexa, or anything newer that I should be trying out.

I am asking you folks because I haven’t remained very current on this forum or the system because I finally have my edge working well enough to get by and I am afraid to jinx it.

But If I am going to buy a new and large television, I would like to buy the best brand possible for automation linkage. Thanks

Unless you’re going to be using a Harmony setup as well, I’m afraid that likely nothing still works to do this. This isn’t just a Vera thing. Other HA systems struggle with this.
You may be able to do something simple like turn on the TV with a Wake On LAN command, but that could break with a TV firmware update. I had this happen with an LG recently.

Thank you so much. It wasn’t a big need, but would have hated to buy a Sharp and find that LG had an app. All good. I am also very happy I checked in before attempting the firmware upgrade.

1 Like