TFA Rain Sensor

Hi

I have a TFA Rain sensor [url=https://weerhuisje.nl/en/a/temp-wind-rain-pc-web/tfa-47_3003-monsun-draadloze-regenmeter/91/11353]https://weerhuisje.nl/en/a/temp-wind-rain-pc-web/tfa-47_3003-monsun-draadloze-regenmeter/91/11353[/url]

It reports temperature and rain in the following message:

Packettype = TEMP_HUM subtype = TH14 - Alecto WS3500,WS4500 Sequence nbr = 20 ID = 8601 decimal:34305 Temperature = 16,9 ?C Humidity = 23 Status = Dry Signal level = 5 -80dBm Battery = OK

Each time the swing tilts, the humidity value increases by one % until it reaches 165%, after that the next step is 1%. Each percent represents 0,45mm rain

Would that be possible to include?

Unfortunately your rain/temperature sensor is being seen as a temperature/humidity sensor. I think the RFXtrx transceiver firmware would have to be updated to be able to distinguish between two different TFA devices.

Which protocols do you have enabled? Have you tried La Crosse?

Ill try tomorrow. But it seems to me that they just use the humidity value to indicate rain. The sensor only has temperature and rain.

Your sensor appears to operate like a LaCrosse TX5 rain sensor. The message it transmits includes a count that is incremented each time the thing tilts. But that count is only 4 bits wide - thus the count from 0 to 15 (1 to 16). Or it could be that the humidity and humidity status are actually two bytes of the rain count. If that’s true then the LaCrosse protocol should work.

Hi again

Iit been some time, I wanted so real rain to test.
I enabled only Lacrosse, and then I get this:

Packettype = TEMP_HUM subtype = TH10 - Rubicson,IW008T,TX95,Xiron-EN6,WH5 channel 1 Sequence nbr = 36 ID = 4501 decimal:17665 Temperature = 22,6 ?C Humidity = 59 Status = Comfortable Signal level = 7 -64dBm Battery = OK
But the Humitidty is not changing. So Im not sure its even the right sensor.

If the LaCrosse protocol doesn’t work you might try Hideki if you haven’t already. The user guide suggests that for what is probably an earlier TFA rain sensor. If that doesn’t work then the transceiver probably isn’t capable of decoding signals from that device.