The new VERA Dashboard preview (Android)!

The beta app is installed on my Android phone. It’s been installed for more than a day and is still showing the old UI. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled a few times but the new UI still isn’t showing.

This is so frustrating. How did you guys get it to work.

After the last update (7.32.276) the new Dashboard view is gone.

By design or bug?

The new version 7.32.277 doesn’t even start on my Samsung S10e.

Same here. Force closed immediately on Samsung GS10+ Android 9.

Same here, Android 8, closing right after start.

Same here. Reinstalled, cleared cache. Crashes right after start.

Updated to 7.32.285. It’s working again WITH new Dashboard.

Hello everyone!

Here “Dashboard New” already appears, but after opening once, if you exit the app or go to another menu, trying to go again to “dashboard New”, closes the app.

I have to delete the app data so I can go again to the New tab … But only once … Because it goes back to the same … Closes the app whenever I select the “New Dashboard”

No problems here switching between Dashboard and Dashboard New or other menus.

I just got the update this morning and my app crashes when I go to the Dashboard New section as described above.

Besides the crashing part the functionality for the dashboard looks nice. It now works pretty intuitive, adding devices and scenes works well. Also changing the order works well.
However after leaving the app and going back it crashes

I know this a beta app, but holy cow it has tons of issues. Constantly crashing, devices disappearing, new dashboard broken, old dashboard broken, etc. I can’t even use the old dashboard to mange my devices.

After adding a favourite camera on the new dashboard and switching between the menus the new dashboard crashes.

It crashes for me too. Will you support only on/off or plans to support dimming percentage , percentage of blinds etc?

We’re happy to announce the new, revamped dashboard of the Android Vera app!

You will be able to create custom sections for your favorites devices and scenes and manage them in a more friendly manner.
For a couple of months, the new dashboard will be available alongside the current one. We’re preparing more surprises, which will be included in the next updates.

Geek or not, try it! We know you’ll enjoy it.
Your feedback is important to us - please share it!

Near You Always,
The Vera Android Team

1 Like

Dear Oana,
Thank you for the update. Unfortunately mine only worked the first time I opened it and now it crashes the app every time I select the new dashboard.

Mine also has been crashing on start up for the past 3 days

I received 7.32.297 on my phone. I didn’t find any changelog but I have no crash using the new dashboard.

Anyway it’s not very usefull as it comes without explanation about how to use the dashboard. I managed to add devices but I didn’t find how to create rooms. For the moment I don’t think it’s more “friendly” but I wait the next releases. By the way : several menus are not localized (I’m french)

Not yet very thrilled by the lack of functionality with 7.32.297. After watching the iOS demo video I’m more enthusiastic.

When will we see the same functionality in the Android app?